Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday, October 20th - To Do

Started Oct-20 by scapermom; 167 views.
scapermom

Oct-20

Got today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-20

Slept a bit later. Actually woke around 5 then fell back to sleep at some point. Morning tasks in progress. Dogs done, dd is at class (today’s her busy day), laundry is collected & going.

Going to do a workout in a bit.

Then breakfast & kitchen cleanup.

It’s a wet but warmer day. Not a good hair day. 

Need to clip some digital coupons then head out to the grocery store.

Today’s mission

Leftover chicken soup for lunches

Pork loin for dinner. 

friedchickn

Oct-20

Slept like crap....but really, what's new about that?!?

Today is dd's long day too....back to back classes.  Looking at dh's calendar, him too.  So I'll have the place, sort of, to myself.

Breakfast today was meatloaf and cheddar stuffed omelets....OMG, so freakin good.  And there's 2 slices left for sandwiches...for dh and dd.  Since we are taking my FIL out for dinner, I'll take it easy on lunch...maybe an apple with some peanut butter or yogurt with granola.

Romwod, workout and a crow pose....also a short dog walk at noon.  I've been bringing a medium large rock back lately and placing it in the gaps in the rock wall...lol.  Little arm and wrist workout?

piano practice.

more laundry....always more laundry

walgreens challenge

dog claws and bowls....last week, I took his damn food filled bowl, dumped the food on a plate, washed it and then put the food back in.  Sigh

Need to figure out a gift and acquire fo FIL....yup, waited til the last minute.

and wait....could that be the end of the daily list???  It is.....which means I'll pick a couple things off that nasty non-priority list and get em done...

scapermom

Oct-20

Looked for the missions in my emails from flylady & found they’re also giving out holiday missions. This is the 2nd one, will look for the first. Going to be pulling out my Holiday binder today & going through it. Though not sure what the holiday’s will look like here yet.

Today is our Plan and Play day. Your mission for today is to create a Holiday Planning notebook. Now before you break out the colored index tabs and sheet protectors DO NOT get caught up in having the "perfect" holiday planner and think that you need a fancy notebook or specific type of planner. Download your FREE Holiday Control Journal.

I have done this for the past few years and I usually go and grab an old spiral notebook from one of my children and rip out the used pages. I am able to take this with me shopping and I try to make sure I take it in the car with me. You can also add some lined notebook paper to your control journal and make it a holiday section. Just remember not to get so obsessed over what you use that you end up not using it because you are spending too much time making it perfect.

You use this notebook to plan ahead for menus, meals, gift lists, decorating, grocery lists, etc. This is what you can use to keep track of catalog orders, church schedules, phone numbers and miscellaneous errands that need to be taken care of. Tape or staple an envelope in the notebook and this is where you can keep track of your receipts.

For today, grab a notebook and start jotting down some of the basics that are necessary for the way that you celebrate the holidays.

Don't forget to take some time out just for you today!!
In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Oct-20

And the regular mission: (definitely have some of this going on since we are in those in between days between warm & cool)

Zone 4: Mission #2 Tuesday
Dear Friends: Today is the day to attack the clothes pile. Now you all know what I am talking about. This pile is either on a chair, on top of the hamper, dresser or at the foot of your bed. Set your timer for 15 minutes and grab some hangers or start folding. While you are doing this do not hang up or fold something that you hate! This is the time to let it go!! If you do not love it, send it right out the door!
scapermom

Oct-20

That breakfast does sound incredible! Did you use a recipe? 

friedchickn

Oct-20

Ugghhhh.  I've been trying to grab a few gifts here and there....

This year is gonna suck

friedchickn

Oct-20

Lol.  I threw it all in the laundry basket yesterday...."starting fresh"

friedchickn

Oct-20

For the meatloaf....nah.  Been making meatloaf for ages....just meat, enough egg to bind and enough bread crumbs to make it look the right color.  Then 350 til it's at least 160.

I do the same for meatloaf muffins....just felt like a change.

Sometimes I'll toss in cheese or slivers of pepperoni....just to get rid of it.