Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, October 22nd - To Do

Started Oct-22 by scapermom; 203 views.
scapermom

Oct-22

What’s today looking like?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Oct-22

Another foggy, rainy cloudy but warm day. 

Morning chores happening. Still need to get to laundry. 

Lots of leftovers on today’s list. A good day to tackle Fafsa? The missions as well. Paper clutter almost done.

Something spilled in the oven, so need to clean that before I can use it again. Always a fun time.

DH is taking his mom For her therapy today. No shopping since she was covid tested Tuesday for her biopsy tomorrow (which he’s also taking her for). So he should be home earlier than usual today to work on his list. This is getting to be a lot. But I’m trying to be supportive. I went through some of this with my mom. Talk about sandwich generation. 

DDs morning class went asynchronous for today so she’s sleeping in. 

Lunch - finish leftovers.

Dinner - think I’ll do Eggroll in a bowl. Got cabbage in this weeks bag. Lots of big zucchini too so may try making fries or something that the fam will eat (I’m the only zucchini fan). 

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Oct-22

Zone 4: Mission #4 Thursday
Dear Friends:This week, we have been tackling clutter in our bedrooms. So, today we are going to clean off the nightstands! Get the tissues, cups and stuff that has piled up, toss and put away. Then grab a feather duster or dust rag and dust the surface. Place a pretty candle or picture there. Something that is new to that spot that you love to see.
Waking up and not seeing a pile of things on the nightstand and a pile of clothes will make your morning a little brighter!
In reply toRe: msg 3
scapermom

Oct-22

Yesterday’s holiday mission (need to do this): 

Your mission for today is to gather up all of your Holiday greeting cards, wrapping paper, bows, ribbons etc. Do not go overboard on this one. Just gather all of these items together into one central location to have ready for when you need them. This is one of those things that we always seem to say we are going to get to but yet end up tearing the house apart trying to find that certain roll of paper or certain box of cards that you are just positive you remember where you put them last year.

Gather them together and place in a box that you can keep in one place to be able to use when you are ready. One member last year told us of how she used an old suit bag that hangs in her closet to hold the rolls of wrapping paper and used the zipper pockets on the side for the tape and ribbons. This is very clever and allows you to use that old suit bag that has been hanging around or you can pick up an inexpensive vinyl one at your local discount store.
friedchickn

Oct-22

Ya know...I keep thinking that I hate my nightstand.  Sigh....It's cluttered and I just don't know what I want there.  So today's project might take awhile...

friedchickn

Oct-22

All of my xmas wrap, ribbons, boxes etc lives in an underbed storage container.  So I've got this one covered.

I really need a better place for hiding/storing xmas presents.  Currently they are just in a bin in my closet but I'm quickly outgrowing that.

friedchickn

Oct-22

Dd got home after 1 ish...maybe 2.  Not entirely sure.  I was trying to stay up to make sure she got home alive.  No need for that.  The dog went OFF when she came in.  Sigh.  She's still sleeping.

Dh went over to the duplex to meet the cable guy...i think he's trying to help.  Just came home with a laundry list of issues....sigh....it's too soon for a laundry list.

I'm supposed to meet with a hardscaper at 11 at the duplex.  Need a patio and a walkway.  Dh just told me that the builder is cranky I'm not giving him the job....sigh.  I'm getting a quote.  Relax your damn self.

I'll squeeze a workout and a romwod in.  Piano practice too.

walgreens challenge

sinks

and I still havent done the dog's claws.  did manage to get the bowls done yesterday.

Meeting with the renter at 1 to sign the lease.  I'm excited and nervous....

Dh says he is making dinner...that's fine with me.  So all I need to do is deal with the sourdough starter.

And that should be all....I mean, other than the 100 little things that come up throughout the day...

scapermom

Oct-22

Today’s holiday mission:

Today is Errand day and your mission for today is to pick up any detail items that you can. Postage stamps, scotch tape, packing tape, markers etc.

Try to get these things together and put them with the supplies that you gathered up yesterday (the holiday cards and wrapping paper). Having these things early and ready will prevent those late night dashes to the store that end up costing you far more than just tape.

Remember not to obsess over these things, we are going to cruise through the Holidays one babystep at a time!
scapermom

Oct-22

I have my wrapping supplies in the closet in the spare room (that’s now DDs school room). I’m going to have to find a new place to do wrapping this year.

friedchickn

Oct-22

I usually wrap on teh dining room table while dh is on a business trip....guess I'm gonna have to rethink that too.