Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, November 2nd - to do

Started Nov-2 by scapermom; 189 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-2

Monday and new month! What happened to October? 
just changed the ‘family’ calendar, need to set up the week in the planner.

have to check the township site to see how to pay taxes this quarter. If someone’s there I will drop off in my travels this week 

started weekly home blessing - stripped bed, changed table linens. Will get on rest after breakfast..have to try to catch flylady live at 11 for inspiration.

dogs done, laundry’s going, kitchen tbd

missions
clean dog bowls

slice up & freeze the bunch of bananas & maybe the avocados too before they all rot

did a walk at home workout yesterday, think I’ll do another today

Costco run? Feel like I was just there.
‘Fafsa still tbd

Dinner - Baked chicken thighs 

friedchickn

Nov-2

I recently learned that if you put an avocado in the fridge it stops ripening.  Dd loves avocados and you know those buggers....hard as a rock until wham...soft...and then wham dead.  One of our chef friends said keep them out until they're ripened and then put them in the fridge and they'll last for a week at least.  It's completely changed how I buy avocados!!!!  Now I get 6 at a time from the farmer's market and they last dd 2 weeks.

friedchickn

Nov-2

Poppa called at the crack of friggin dawn.  And because his number is set to go right through the Do Not Disturb setting....for emergencies obviously....I was treated to his stupid ass question about starting to pack boxes.  Seriously?  Why?  Made worse by "were you asleep...(laughs)...guess you're awake and ready to start your day now".  Elderly parents are like toddlers....no concern for anyone but themselves...sigh

So....I've cooled off and had enough coffee to function.  Reheated my brunch leftovers....a roasted veggie hash, tossed a new scrambled egg on it and covered it in cheese.  So yeah....now I'm ready to start my day.

Lunch will be leftovers...the fridge has a bunch.  And I need to grab a few ingredients at the grocery for dinner....a butternut squash, chicken and wild rice casserole that looked amazing in the picture.  Using freezer chicken....as I've really got to get a handle on the freezer.  Its' scary.

PO while I'm there.

Dd finished painting the pot for my rosemary so I need to replant that.

Bills, emails and receipts.  week money distribution

start the new walgreens challenge

Romwod, workout and piano practice.  Oh and my yoga instructor has a November challenge that I'm doing....need to see what today is.

Water the plants.....and if I have time and energy....vacuum the main floor.  

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Nov-2

Zone 1 Mission #1 Monday
Dear Friends,Today is the day to toss the Autumn decorations from the front porch! If you still have a pumpkin, hay or cornstalks it is time to let them go!!! If you have already cleared these items from your porch and front entrance area, then grab your broom and shake out your door mats!!! This is a mission that will take less than 10 minutes and will really make a difference!
Have fun! Enjoy the beautiful day and celebrate that you are FLYing!
scapermom

Nov-2

I’ve heard this but usually miss the window...so I cut up & freeze for smoothies 

In reply toRe: msg 5
scapermom

Nov-2

Not understanding this one. Why wouldn’t you leave them til Thanksgiving? 

scapermom

Nov-2

Forgot to water - thanks for reminder!

friedchickn

Nov-2

I need to do this!

friedchickn

Nov-2

Maybe just get rid of teh Halloween specific ones...or maybe she's gonna have us start decorating for winter?