Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Wednesday November 18th- to do

Started Nov-18 by scapermom; 105 views.
scapermom

Nov-18

What is going on?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Nov-18

Brrr and it’s winter! 
morning tasks in progress, barely started really. Moving slow.

‘it’s Wednesday so I’ll do bills and file. Hopefully get to Fafsa if my head clears enough.

dd signs up for spring classes tomorrow morning. 

still have to look for the watches. 
wanted to make an Aldi trip for the cheap turkey & grass fed ground beef. 

seafood stew for dinner 

friedchickn

Nov-18

Well...the internet isn’t working at the duplex. Apparently it was working, then a tech adjusted the settings and it hasn’t worked since. So Dh spent the morning over there and he’s going back at 10 to meet with a new tech. I offered to go...but we both kinda laughed at that one.

dd has work and leaves at 11. So I guess I WILL do that load of laundry.

my knee is unhappy....so I might go light on workouts. Haven’t looked to see what’s on tap yet...but I can always scale.

piano lesson at 4

we're getting takeout for dinner. Well reheat actually. One of the local places is offering Italian by the chef who used to cook for the Italian place that closed. So I’m gonna swing by and score some food.

dump day....so cat litter and trash

Need to follow up one more time with the propane company....sigh

walgreens challenge 

Sand and maybe one more spackle, maybe prime. I’d like to be able to hang those pictures before thanksgiving

and boy oh boy did I send myself a bunch of emails to follow up on last night...lots of gift ideas, a few events, etc etc. so I’ll try to get a few of those done. 

scapermom

Nov-18

Today is Plan and Play Day! You need to review your gift list and see what items you still need to pick up and what things need to be mailed. NOW is the time to get these items taken care of. I am the worst at mailing things on time to those far away friends and relatives. 
Take time out today to really look at your gift list and make sure that those that need to be mailed get taken care of. Look ahead to errand day and see what items you can arrange to pick up. If you still need to place online orders, catalog orders or mail orders, you need to get a list together and then check them off as you get them accomplished. You don't want to miss out on items that you really wanted to give this year because they are out of stock, because you waited too long.

Now that we have talked about the Planning part of our day, what about the Play part? For today make sure you take time out just for yourself. This could mean that you go to your bedrooom and shut the door for 15 minutes and read, it could mean you have lunch with a friend. It does not matter what you do as long as you take some time out just for yourself to play!
friedchickn

Nov-18

Just finished ordering dh's xmas gifts....and wow....several are backordered.  One I managed to score the last one but need to figure out a way to go get it and hide it....arrghhhh.  This year is gonna be a struggle.  Thank goodness dd is getting an apartment as a gift.

In reply toRe: msg 4
scapermom

Nov-18

Wrong day above... here’s today’s task

As always, Wednesdays are Anti-Procrastination Day! Today is the day to break out those Holiday cards that was part of an earlier Mission and go through them to decide which ones you will use this year. If you all are anything like me you have loads and loads of cards that you have saved from year to year that were leftovers. You know how you buy a box of 20, only use 17, so you have three left over and they get tossed into a box and each year they multiply.

There have been three different years that I did not have to buy ANY Holiday cards because I had plenty! Go through these cards and pull out the ones that you are going to use this year and just for today address 5 of them. Each day address 5 cards and keep doing this until you are finished. You will love the feeling of ease and relief of having your holiday cards ready before Thanksgiving!! If you are going to send a family holiday letter included in your cards, you need to start working on it NOW.

Do not put off addressing your cards because your letter hasn't been started or is not perfect. Do not put yourself through the stress of the perfect holiday card and letter. We get so caught up in the magazine look of picture perfect that we lose ourselves in trying to compete. 
That is not the point of holiday cards or letters. They are to wish happiness and share some news of the past year. You are not keeping up with the "Jones'" you are FLYing!!
scapermom

Nov-18

Yeah I ran into that with the wine I got for DH - it needed to be signed for and of course came on a day he was home. So he got it early as part of his birthday present.

friedchickn

Nov-18

Ugghhh.  Dh has been going to the PO for me lately...he's bored and needs to get out of teh house....so this is going to be a challenge cause I'm sure teh packages are gonna be obvious.