Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friday, March 26th - To Do

Started Mar-26 by scapermom; 148 views.
scapermom

Mar-26

How is it Friday list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Mar-26

Zone 4: Mission #5 Friday
Dear Friends:Today is the last day in the Master Bedroom. Take 15 minutes to declutter your dresser. Get the things off the top of your dresser that you have placed there that you were going to put away later. Later is now. Take the time to take care of this; it really makes a great difference.

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Mar-26

basics being worked on.
‘DH & I have to put the final touches on the tax worksheet sheet - sign & dot

he's got another morning with his parents- they’re getting their shots today.

‘oh I was able to snag myself a shot appointment yesterday. Going Tuesday for the 1st - fairly local too

dd realized she didn’t bring any shorts with her and it’s in the 70s. So need to find & send her fave pairs.

early dog walk before the storm this afternoon 

10 on the bike & something else

mission

read for 15 (haven’t gotten to this)

no idea about dinner. Maybe takeout sushi?

friedchickn

Mar-26

Got an early start to my day....woke to a horrible nightmare about an unwanted renovation bill.  LOL.  SIgh

so I've read my chapter, cleaned my kitchen and dealt with laundry.

Friend is picking me up in a bit and we are running errands.  

When I get back....all the workouts.

piano practice

and dinner.... a local farm "kitchen" is dropping off pulled pork stuffed potatoes with all the fixings!!!  So that's taken care of.

scapermom

Mar-26

That’s a cool thing to have access to - the farm kitchen. I’ve made pulled pork stuffed sweet potatoes and they were really good. Enjoy!

friedchickn

Mar-26

Maine has great food sovereignty laws....so there's a couple kitchens that I keep an eye on. 

One does all sorts of great baked goods and this smoked chicken spread that is AMAZING!!!  In fact, there are alot that do baked goods....and well....baked goods....

This one, I've gotten baked goods from them during the summer at the farmer's market...but it sounds like she's trying to expand her trade.  Figured I'd give it a whirl.  She changes the menu weekly and offers one meal type item and a few baked goods...

scapermom

Mar-27

I had looked into doing something like that here, but the laws are so restrictive and the amount you need to spend on insurance alone made it financially impossible.

friedchickn

Mar-27

Exactly!!!  NH was the same way....and if you used meat, you had to have an FDA inspector on payroll....like what?!?  The laws actually got more restrictive as we lived there.  I used to get these amazing pork pies from a place and they had to stop making them when the FDA bullcrap came into effect.  Total loss.

Maine it's basically eat at your own risk.  They inspect the kitchen and give them a certificate (once a year)...but that's about it.  

It means there are a ton of bake stands and food sheds.  Which is just frickin awesome.  I honestly barely go to the grocery anymore.