Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, April 5th - To Do

Started Apr-5 by scapermom; 158 views.
scapermom

Apr-5

Time ti start the week with a list 

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Apr-5

To start not ti - need more coffee! 
Im amazed at how much damage 2 people and a dog can do to a house in a week...

Weekly Home blessing and morning routine underway:

• Vacuum
  • Dust
  • Quick Mop
  • Polish Mirrors and Doors
  • Purge magazines/catalogs
  • Change Sheets
  • Empty all trash cans

Want to go through my grocery inventory and flush out a meal plan for the week. Feel like I have a lot of dribs and drabs left. 
Dog bedding needs doing

Need to update the old planner and decide what I’ll be using for the next one since this one ends with June and I need to plan some summer stuff and beyond 

todays mission 

if I have time, I really need to get my garden planning finalized - I think we are done with freezing temps ?

Also need to get some home improvement projects underway. So many

Me time: lots of media to catch up on and would love a manicure- nails are shot

Dinner - what can I do with leftover lamb?

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Apr-5

Mission- we are in the kitchen zone this week 

Your mission for today is to look UP! 

Today we are going to look up, set your timer for 10 minutes and take a broom or a Multi-wand and get those dust bunnies and cobwebs that are hanging on the upper walls that are taller than you, the corners of the ceilings and the ceiling. If you are feeling adventurous ask someone in the house to help you and take a damp rag to the light fixture and/or ceiling fan. Please be careful! Don't get obsessed and take your light fixture apart or repaint the ceiling

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Apr-5

Just ordered one of those ‘exploding’ cake boxes for DD’s birthday later this month on campus

friedchickn

Apr-5

Yup.  Monday it is....sigh

Been busy so far...breakfast is done.  Just finished making a second pot of coffee....cause need more coffee. Dishwasher will get run after lunch.  There's just enough room to get creative.

Lunch will be catch as catch can....dinner is smoked chicken spread on baguette slices, cheeses and veggies and hummus.  So easy!!!

Even have a dinner plan for tomorrow....ravioli with vodka cream sauce and meatballs.  and I'll make a sourdough pizza dough for Wednesday...meaty cheesy loaf?  TBD

Today's laundry will be dh's filthy mountain gear.  Particularly his puffy coat which is torn and covered in mud and blood and lord knows what.  First I have to fix the rips cause I don't think it'll survive a washing without doing that first.  Started that process already....round 1 is drying.

Romwod, side planks this week, workout at 2, finish with some GHD and the push up and pullup challenge.  I'm up to 7 strict pushups!!!!  7!!!!!

It's Monday so bills, emails and receipts.

practice piano

water plants

Need to sort of the icloud storage crap.  Dh got us a family sharing plan...and both dd and I have individual plans....it's cheaper on the family plan but so far I haven't been able to make it work.  So....that'll be fun

Read 1 chapter....never got around to picking a new book.  And I unwrapped a new puzzle.

Long term for the week...3 freezer finds, sort/toss old sheet music ( I don't go back...)

friedchickn

Apr-5

I've never heard of this...do tell????

scapermom

Apr-5

Oooh! Forgot about those! I can make chapati bread using cassava flour and coconut milk and use that for the wrap! Love tzaitki. I have cucumbers but no yogurt. Hmmm if I can  fit in a quick store run, that’s what’s for dinner!

scapermom

Apr-5

It’s a huge splurge and honestly I could probably make this, but... laziness has set in. It’s from an online company called sendacake.com let’s see how it turns out - don’t have great faith. Was between this or  ordering a sampler box from milk bar in nyc. She’s more of a cookie girl than cake, but this fits better for a birthday I think. Hopefully we’ll get up there the weekend before for an illegal visit and take her out to dinner then. Maybe I’ll sent the milk bar thing at finals time?

friedchickn

Apr-5

Thanks...gonna check it out