Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tuesday April 20th - To Do

Started Apr-20 by scapermom; 112 views.
friedchickn

Apr-20

Trying to kill time before I go for bloodwork.  Fasting labs at 9:30....come on....that's a dick move.  Also need to cancel my covid shot that I had previously scheduled there...cause I forgot yesterday.

I'll come home and ROMWOD and plank.  Strip the bed and start the linens.  Drag the cookie dough back inside and figure out how to freeze at least 1/2.

Dinner tonight will be a meaty cheesy loaf with carmelized onions, ground pork and goat cheese.  So I need to take my sourdough starter out so it can get up to speed for a dough.

Workout later.  piano practice later.

Gotta call GG.  NOT looking forward to that

Need to send a quarterly payment to the IRS. Call the bank for dd's mortgage to determine how best to do a lump sum payment. And find a receipt that I misplaced.

Schedule dog claws and clean his bowls.

Still struggling to finish that awful book.  I'd like to get rid of it by coffee Thursday.

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Apr-20

Morning underway- dog done, laundry collected & going, kitchen tbd

Early FaceTime with dd since her slot for registering for classes was at 7:30 and she needed moral support. One class she needs approval for and she emailed the professor. Put in for a filler class in case she gets shut out. We need to make sure her scholarships are not contingent on how many credits she takes. She took 18 this semester, but only going for 14 for fall (3 over summer). We got like no info on it which makes me suspicious. She needs to find out who to contact for it.

10 mins on bike & 4 minute workout 

had a huge email problem yesterday. Noticed there were no new incoming since Friday on our ‘family’ email - so needed to look into and resolve. I think I fixed it by deleting the hundreds that DH was saving but we shall see. Probably need to do more today.

have my 2nd shot appointment after lunch . Hearing most get reactions to this one so trying to prep myself. Going to drink a bottle of water on the way and Gatorade for the ride back. then take it easy rest of the day. Maybe catch up on YouTube or Netflix?

Going to prep hot melt burgers for dinner (includes ground up bacon and spices and topped with a creamy mushroom sauce) so all DH has to do is bbq the meat. Salad greens for side.

scapermom

Apr-20

It doesn’t bother me so much when they schedule bloodwork later now that I’m used to intermittent fasting. 
did you miss your appointment or get it somewhere else? Here it was like winning the lottery if you scored an appointment. Now it seems like there is a surplus and they are pulling people off the street for it. I think the Johnson &johnson blood clot thing scared off a lot of people who were onthe fence 

friedchickn

Apr-20

Good luck on the second shot.  My friends have been 50/50 on sucking wind afterwards....fingers crossed for ya!!!

friedchickn

Apr-20

We were both scheduled for the J&J.  They never called and canceled, so we just popped on to walgreens and after a couple tries scored appointments last saturday.  I meant to cancel yesterday when I was there for my physical but got flustered cause the girl at check out was a bit of a ditz.

scapermom

Apr-20

Did you get the J&J? My husbands aunt, uncle & cousins all got it and were fine after. It’s been over a month. 

friedchickn

Apr-20

Nope.  It's still on hold, isn't it?

Got the pfizer.

The incidence of clotting is in women age 16-50 ish....so breeders.  LOL

scapermom

Apr-20

Yes, wasn’t sure of timing. Pfizer here too.
 Yeah, I heard that it may have to do with being on birth control. But they weren’t clear (are they ever?)

friedchickn

Apr-20

Well birth control has clotting issues too....so maybe it increases the probability.

It's not easy being female...