Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, June 21st - To Do

Started Jun-21 by scapermom; 170 views.
scapermom

Jun-21

Start the week with a list

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jun-21

Ugh did not even get 4 hours of sleep last night. DH tried hard not to wake me when he got up, but unfortunately I’m such a light sleeper it’s no use. Couldn’t fall back to sleep, but did manage to stay in bed til 5:30 at least. 
Started on the Weekly home blessing & managed to smash my shin in the dark on a fan. Spent time icing it and it’s not too swollen. Nixed the 4 min workout again. May just do some strength training on the floor.
‘Coffee will be flowing today!

I’ll continue on with the WHB, bed is stripped & sheets are in the washer. Towels are all replaced. Need to do table linens, then the rest of the tasks at 11 with the Flylady- tho she’s been going off lately, hope she sticks to the script today

also need to call the vet to get more meds for dog. Speaking of, she was limping a bit over the weekend. One of her paw pads looked irritated. But she’s not licking at it or limping around the house, so think she’s over it.

need to review the meal plan for the week, and see if I need anything, make a list. Forgot to weigh & measure this morning, so I’ll do it tomorrow. I’ll leave the measuring tape out as a reminder 

Flymission 

ton of emails to go through 

dinner tonight is supposed to be a beef and veggie soup,but it’s gonna be 90 again today, so may make it deconstructed or as a salad somehow 

friedchickn

Jun-21

I am EXHAUSTED.  I barely remember rolling over last night....never mind actually sleeping.  And when I got up "early"....turned out I had forgotten all about dh's surprise car detailing for father's day and had to race over there.  Sigh....not how I like to start my mornings....or my week.

Breakfast done. Dishwasher started.  I managed to get this week's boat laundry all the way to the dryer yesterday.  So I'll fold and put away. (once I get more coffee in)

And....I have a dinner plan....gnocchi with spinach and pepperoni bits.

Usual Monday stuff...cat litter, bills, receipts and emails.  week money.  water the plants.

Started a new book.  Managed one chapter on the boat....lol.

Workouts today....crossfit, GHD, romwod and a plank.

piano practice....I have a lesson tomorrow

scapermom

Jun-21

Zone 4 Mission #1 Monday
Dear Friends: Your mission for today is to grab a trash bag, set the timer and start tossing anything that is trash. Sometimes we have hidden trash in our bedrooms, bathroom, and closet, things that are disguising themselves as necessary items but really they are trash. Toss those magazines, the junk mail that has been tossed in a pile, the old perfumes that are never worn but still have a place on your dresser, the old clothes that are on the chair that need to be donated or tossed but are still there. Remember, only do this in the master bedroom, bathroom, and closet.
?
friedchickn

Jun-21

I've been reading a lot of minimalist articles lately..have you looked into any of that????

scapermom

Jun-22

Not really. The most I’ve done toward that would be watching YouTube  videos on minimalist college students with Dd when she needed to move in by herself. I wouldn’t mind checking it out more though.

friedchickn

Jun-22

I mean some of it is totally ridiculous....but I can get behind having less so that my life is simpler...KWIM

scapermom

Jun-22

Yes. Alsoeasier when you’re solo. I’ve watched some YouTube videos of this woman in Japan who lives a simple life in a teeny tiny apartment. It’s amazing and very relaxing. Her channel name is Rhea Y

friedchickn

Jun-22

Oh how I struggle with that!!!!!

Dh is a....well....consumer.  He's always been a more more more kinda guy and I just don't want to be anymore.  Not sure I ever was, or if I was just caught up in it...

Trying to find a way to do my own thing while accepting that he most definitely will not be participating is a struggle.

I want less.  Less stuff.  Less tasks.  Less choices.  Just....less.