Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, June 28th - To Do

Started Jun-28 by scapermom; 156 views.
In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Jun-28

It feels like 3 mondays here with DH going back on Saturday- nobody needs that.

hot and humid- 81 already. No dog walk today. She ran right back in this morning. Also gave her food but she hasn’t touched it yet.
 I bought  her a pool - hope it gets here today. Plan is to use it for baths too.
think I’ll plank and do some yoga stretches for exercise. sounds like the coolest option.

have the weekly home blessing underway. Stripped bed, sheets are in the washer. Also refreshed kitchen table linens and sanitized that and the island. I’ll listen to the 11am Flylady show to do 2 min tasks for the rest. Too hot to do more today.

need to run out for some chicken for tonight. Should do a quick inventory to see what else we are out of, or close to.

Need to water plants and clean dog bowls.

cancel appletv - really not a lot there for us

flymission

mushroom and pecan chicken tonight

In reply toRe: msg 2
scapermom

Jun-28

Zone 5 Mission #1 Monday
Dear Friends:This week we are in the Living Room Zone and I want each and every one of you to go into your living rooms and stand there. While you
are standing there I want you to look around you and look at the flat surfaces (end tables, coffee tables, tops of tv's/entertainment centers, bookcases, mantles, etc)
What do have on these surfaces? Are they the same decorative things that you have always had? Do you really love them? Are they cluttered up with too many things? Too many ducks, bunnies,candles, cows, precious moments etc? I am not condemning those things but asking you if they still bring you joy and do you still love seeing them in your living room? Or are you just used to them.What about the piles of magazines and papers? Do you NEED those? You would be amazed at how much neater your living room will appear by just removing a few things.How much easier would it be to dust these areas without all that stuff?
Your mission is to get rid of the stuff that is cluttering up your living room. Take 5 minutes to let go of some things. I am willing to bet that more of you will find you do want to get rid of some things because they do not bring you joy and you are just used to them being there.
friedchickn

Jun-28

My period is HELL.  I haven't slept in 2 days.  Menopause take me away!!!!!!

Picked up the dog from boarding, stopped at the farm stand to pick up my goat cheese and grab some supplies.  

Then gave the dog a bath cause he's always rolled in something.  While I was out there, I watered my fig trees and the lemon tree and then had to rerinse the dog cause he went and laid in the dirt.  he's currently drying in the mudroom.

Laundry is flipped.  Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded.

Our dehumidfier is dead again.  #### thing.  3rd one in as many years.  So now I need a new one.  Can they stop making piles of crap please.

Need to ship off 2 empty soda stream cannisters and hit the PO

bills, receipts and emails.....so many emails.

cat litter

Since my period is being such a joy, I'm gonna take a few days off from Crossfit....I'll still romwod and plank

piano practice

water the plants

maybe break out the sour dough...maybe tomorrow.  haven't decided

dd's car is throwing codes again....she's off to go borrow a code reader.  I wish we knew where she was gonna go to med school.  Does she need a car or is a car just a PIA.???

Hacks on HBO is good....

scapermom

Jun-28

You may be almost done. It gets really wonky in the last year or so. It’s like roulette - will it last forever or will I skip a month? Will it be light or will things that look like Murder scenes be dropping out of me? It is not fun. 

friedchickn

Jun-28

Called my doc for an appointment and she can get me in today.  I just want a gut check....and quite frankly an iron level.

Why don't more women talk about this?....so it's not such a mystery.

Like hey...did you know that the last year or so of your period you'll use tampons like they're breath mints.  (Dd and I do talk about it...she shouldn't be surprised)

and.....it's not like I can even ask my mom....A) she had a radical hysterectomy in like her mid 30's and was done by the time I even started mine.  B) I haven't talked to her in 16 years!!!!

scapermom

Jun-29

I always say it goes out like it came in. My Dd was starting while mine was ending 

Agreed about talking about it. While my mom was around at the time, she had a spotty memory, but she did tell me about some stuff - like passing clots. But I got most of my info from the Kotex community of all places!. I had no idea what I was going through was perimenopause. I found out about and read “what your doctor may not tell you about perimenopause “ by dr. Lee - he talks mostly about using a natural progesterone cream which at the time I was able to get through Arbonne, but it’s been discontinued. Think you can get it from some pharmacies. My gyno poo pooed it, but I felt it helped. All her & my primary suggested was going on birth control to regulate. Which did help for like 7 months, but then all hell broke loose. I started getting constant yeast infections (my gyno thought I became a prostitute or something- actually asked if I had multiple partners!?) and then I had my period for weeks at a time. I took myself off the pill and the infections and period stopped, for good that time.
id say I was in perimenopause from my late 40s to 51. Anxiety attacks are also part of it in the beginning. one day I thought I was having a heart attack and spent the day in the e/r. 
when you’re ready I can fill you in on the ‘after.’ But everyone’s journey is different.