Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, April 6th - To Do

Started Apr-6 by scapermom; 165 views.
scapermom

Apr-6

What’s today’s list?

In reply toRe: msg 1
scapermom

Apr-6

DDs started online school. DH is still sleeping (he’s calling out for this week).

It’s Monday so I’ll do the weekly home blessing.

It’s also ant season. DH sprayed outside yesterday but they’re still coming in as of this am. Going to have to figure something out. 

Laundry’s started. Next is breakfast for me.

I was able to put in a walmart grocery order for pickup tomorrow last night just after midnight. So that is the key. Felt like I was buying concert tickets! I never food shop there and really don’t like going there, but desperate times... 

We’ll family push up on DDs morning break, then plank later (DH & I are both around 1 min. DD is still catching up to that). It’s cloudy but we may be able to get in the 2 dog walks today. 

So DH intermittent fasted one day & lost 3 pounds! I can do it for a week and lose nothing or even gain! Men! Ugh!

Todays mission: 

Today we are going to look up, set your timer for 10 minutes and take a broom or a Multi-wand and get those dust bunnies and cobwebs that are hanging on the upper walls that are taller than you, the corners of the ceilings and the ceiling. If you are feeling adventurous ask someone in the house to help you and take a damp rag to the light fixture and/or ceiling fan. Please be careful! Don't get obsessed and take your light fixture apart or repaint the ceiling. Babysteps!

Think I’ll repurpose the leftover pork chops into fried rice for dinner tonight. Need to check my inventory.

friedchickn

Apr-6

New week....maybe a new attitude?  Gonna try to stay positive.

Today's list is soooooo long.  Ouch.  Just gonna take it one item at a time.  And go to bed sore and exhausted.  Again.  The new norm.  At least the scale is my friend!!!

Dh and I have already had breakfast...broccoli and cheese omelets.  Dd is currently working out.  Then I'll feed her and finish tidying up the kitchen.  I already unloaded the dishwasher...and reloaded...dishes in the sink.  That poor dishwasher is getting stuffed full and run at least once a day sometimes twice.

Lunch will be leftovers...although the pickings are slim, so I might dig out a thing or two from the freezer.

Romwod, plank and squat challenge once I'm done with breakfast chores.

I need to mail 2 masks to my BFF and 2 to my ILs.  They apparently have no masks, no gloves and no clue....sigh

In other news...my FIL called dh yesterday in a panic.  They are scared and they want to move here but are just overwhelmed and don't know what to do.  After talking them out of a sheer panic....dh has contacted our realtor and our lawyer in NH....we are going to invoke their power of attorney and sell their house for them.  Our realtor is finding a moving company.  And we should have them stuffed in the house up here, under quarantine, by Sunday.  Dh is trying to clear his calendar in case he has to drive down there with the trailer to help.  Why didn't they listen to us 3 weeks ago??????

Need to order a few things off amazon...ya know...so they never show up.

It's MOnday....so bills, emails and my inbox and mail.

Dog needs his heartgard and the cat needs it's claws trimmed.  Dog too....but I don't have it in me today.

A workout with dh.  Piano practice.  Zoom yoga with my yoga instructor at 5.  Which means....dh has dinner duty.  He's making steak tips, roasted brussels and cous cous.

And....I'm gonna try for 3 masks today.  I'd like to have 2 more for my ILs when they get here.  Plus we dropped of 2 to our friend at the burger place, he's a cancer survivor and gets sick pretty easily.  His staff went nuts over them...they still have 7 working takeouts.  So....I said I'd make them a few more....but it'd be awhile.

Nursery near us is selling fruit and nut trees....so I've got to decide what I want.  The food club order is open, so I have to get my splits in on that....last time was nuts!

And then crash into bed like a dead animal.

friedchickn

Apr-6

Ant spikes!!!!  Which reminds me....I need to order new ones.

10 min....dusting up.  Yes maam.  I can squeeze that in....

scapermom

Apr-6

Yes! Forgot about those! We have used them in the past with success. Thanks!

friedchickn

Apr-6

Just added them to my amazon cart....

scapermom

Apr-6

Trying Target.com got the spikes and the inside traps just in case. Hopefully the dog stays away. Also ordered tampons for DD and instant camera film for her since the order needed to be over $25 to get the tampons!
friedchickn

Apr-6

Smart...great easter basket stuffing too

scapermom

Apr-6

Yep! The next day is her 18th birthday too... Have no idea what we’re getting her for that. 

friedchickn

Apr-6

Ugghhh.  Kinda glad dd's birthday "gift" was her spring break trip to Jackson with her dad...on the eve of this #### show.

I have to find her Easter Basket...I put it away since I figured it'd be years before I needed it again.