Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Thursday, August 20th - To Do

Started Aug-20 by scapermom; 115 views.
friedchickn

Aug-20

Late day.  Lol

I haven't made a peep to anyone....but dh has been interviewing for an amazing opportunity.  Today is the final day.  He has presentations and interviews all day, into the evening.  He spent all yesterday and last night finishing up his prep...and has declared today to be absolutely SILENT.

So....I picked blackberries out back.  And while binge watching Call the Midwives, I've caught up on all the laundry, folding, ironing, steaming, sock sorting....you name it.  LOL.

Headed out to do a run on the farm stands with the dog in a bit.  I want eggs and veggies and jam and cheeses....

When I get back....he has a lunch break.  I'll tidy the kitchen and eat.  Then head back downstairs to binge watch some more while I sort receipts and make a shred pile.

Yoga tonight.

Then more binge watching I guess....although I do need a project to do while I'm at it....hmmm.....

scapermom

Aug-20

Zone 3: Mission #4 Thursday
For the bathroom today, take 10 minutes to toss old cosmetics and perfumes. If you have these items that you have not used for over a year but they are still hanging around, it is time to dump them.Let's dump those lipsticks, mascaras and eye-shadows that we have held on to since high school and college. The key to what to not to keep is: If you have not worn anything in the past year then.......TOSS TOSS TOSS!
Most cosmetics have a limited shelf life and are harboring grounds for bacteria. Also applies to lotions and moisturizers.
For the Guest/Extra Room:If you have noticed the trend that we are working on in this room - it is de-cluttering! With BabySteps. We are going back in this room for our last 27 fling boogie! Once again look for 27 things that need to be put away. Are there some clothing items that have been dumped? Coats that need to be hung up? Books that need to go back to the book shelf? Just 27 things put away throughout the house back where they belong.
Happy Flinging!
In reply toRe: msg 3
scapermom

Aug-20

Potential projects above?

I’m still on yesterday’s mission... lol

Today’s motto is distraction.

so I’ve done the usual. now it’s time to mess up the kitchen again for lunch. Got to sleep in a bit. Woke at 6ish thought about getting up then nixxed it.

we’ve done dog walk. Found a local gym that’s doing FB live sessions to keep workouts fresh. Though one yesterday was doing barre exercises using a chair that hurt my knee.

Going to start a 2nd load after i vacuum the throw rugs from the bathrooms, I’ll throw them in. yesterday I washed masks. DH gets his really greasy at work.

dd is doing some setup for classes - looking at/for books one of her professors emailed them about. 

Need to finish filing from yesterday. Someone dripped something all over the kitchen, so i may damp mop just for giggles...

Took pork chops out for dinner, but we may order out instead. We shall see.

friedchickn

Aug-20

I don't use alot of makeup....but I'll give it a go.

Need to decide what my next 2 items to get rid of will be and how to get rid of them...lol. 

I'm thinking the set of bowls sitting on my desk since Covid started...they were a donation for the little theater that does chili nights and wanted bowls.  They've been closed ever since....

And one more thing...

And then where....cause the Pick and Paw at the dump has been closed and used to be my go to.

scapermom

Aug-20

Yeah, this is what’s stumping me with the spare room clean out. Most of what’s in there is stuff to donate. But no one is accepting anything right now. 

friedchickn

Aug-21

Agreed.  I've let stuff pile up for months now hoping things would return to normal....and it's clear they're not.  So I've got to figure this out.