Stay at Home Moms Cafe

Hosted by scapermom

Welcome! This group was created to allow SAHM's to give each other ideas, advice, and support. We’ll even have debates to allow you to stretch your mommy brain! So come on in and enjoy the fun! Please note that the group is strictly for stay at home moms. Thank you.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Monday, June 28th - To Do

Started Jun-28 by scapermom; 166 views.
scapermom

Jun-28

You may be almost done. It gets really wonky in the last year or so. It’s like roulette - will it last forever or will I skip a month? Will it be light or will things that look like Murder scenes be dropping out of me? It is not fun. 

friedchickn

Jun-28

Called my doc for an appointment and she can get me in today.  I just want a gut check....and quite frankly an iron level.

Why don't more women talk about this?....so it's not such a mystery.

Like hey...did you know that the last year or so of your period you'll use tampons like they're breath mints.  (Dd and I do talk about it...she shouldn't be surprised)

and.....it's not like I can even ask my mom....A) she had a radical hysterectomy in like her mid 30's and was done by the time I even started mine.  B) I haven't talked to her in 16 years!!!!

scapermom

Jun-29

I always say it goes out like it came in. My Dd was starting while mine was ending 

Agreed about talking about it. While my mom was around at the time, she had a spotty memory, but she did tell me about some stuff - like passing clots. But I got most of my info from the Kotex community of all places!. I had no idea what I was going through was perimenopause. I found out about and read “what your doctor may not tell you about perimenopause “ by dr. Lee - he talks mostly about using a natural progesterone cream which at the time I was able to get through Arbonne, but it’s been discontinued. Think you can get it from some pharmacies. My gyno poo pooed it, but I felt it helped. All her & my primary suggested was going on birth control to regulate. Which did help for like 7 months, but then all hell broke loose. I started getting constant yeast infections (my gyno thought I became a prostitute or something- actually asked if I had multiple partners!?) and then I had my period for weeks at a time. I took myself off the pill and the infections and period stopped, for good that time.
id say I was in perimenopause from my late 40s to 51. Anxiety attacks are also part of it in the beginning. one day I thought I was having a heart attack and spent the day in the e/r. 
when you’re ready I can fill you in on the ‘after.’ But everyone’s journey is different.