Sundawncer

Sundawncer's Jamboree

Hosted by Sundawncer

End of Day thoughts and current events

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lynn Beyak about aboriginal issue   General Politics

Started 9/14/17 by KiwiDandy; 361 views.
Sundawncer

9/15/17

Thank you for sharing this, I totally agree with Lynn Beyak's statement. 

Sundawncer

9/15/17

From one side of the family, I'm 50% aboriginal, my dad was kicked out of the reserve when he married someone that wasn't from his tribe, but European.... he often said that he was better off being out anyways, but it was heartbreaking for him to suddenly be away from his family! My husband is European/Canadian too, we both work and pay taxes as everyone else... best thing ever happened being out of these tribal clans.

relaxed

• Edited September 15, 2017 3:42 pm  by  Sundawncer
Myra (MKratz)

9/23/17

Isn't endogamy dangerous unhealthy when people always marry into their inner clans? 

fabul0us

9/24/17

For once in a while a politicians says something thoughtfully smart, and they want to shut her up?

Cap_Crunch

9/25/17

I have often heard American Natives wanting just to become Canadian as everyone else and be more accepted as everyone else, but some of the elders don't; isn't it always as such among clans?

japanese_goblin

Marshman (Marchman1)

10/1/17

These endless martyres make me sick! 

Weasel (poptardo)

10/4/17

This happens all the time!

relaxed

Gaeia (Gurglet)

5/10/19

Lynn Beyak was FIRED!! 

Lynn Beyak suspended from Senate after refusing to remove racist letters from website.
Ontario-based Sen. Lynn Beyak has been suspended from the Senate after failing to remove letters about Indigenous People, determined to be racist by the ethics commissioner, from her website.
Beyak has been suspended without pay for the duration of the current Parliament.
Last week, the ethics commissioner recommended the senator’s suspension and recommended that Beyak attend educational programs at her own expense regarding racism towards Indigenous People in Canada.
Ethics officer Pierre Legault concluded in March that five of the letters contained racist content, suggesting that Indigenous People are lazy, and chronic whiners who are milking the residential schools issue to get government handouts.
Jessica Vomiero National Online Journalist  Global News
Ella (Steellar)

5/10/19

Lynn Beyak said that to motivate them, and prove her wrong, but what they did is proving her right!

confounded

KiwiDandy

5/11/19

It was expected! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

I don't think Lynn Beyak cares for being fire, she wanted to speak the truth!