General Discussion -  BEWARE!!! (195 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Kenny (GoofBall1983) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-29 6:59 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

Howdy y'all!  I am making this post because I just got a call from an Amazon scammer..... The caller sounded foreign, (Indian accent) and said that someone had used my card to make an unauthorized purchase on Amazon for a new iPhone in the amount of $399.00.  The scammer also said that they would refund my money and I would need to be at my computer.  Well, seeing as how the only card I own is my debit card, (I have no credit cards), I confirmed with the scammer that the transaction had cleared my card, he said that it had.  So while I was still on the phone with the scammer, I logged into my bank account, checked it and saw that there was NO unauthorized charge on my account whatsoever.  Now, from the recording that I heard when I first answered the call, I could tell that it was a scam call because of the robotic-sounding voice.  LOL  The call didn't last long at all, I think the scammer may've caught on to me that I knew he was a scammer, although I was gonna mess with him for a few minutes and waste his time, (he was never gonna get a dime off me, I'm too smart for that), he hung up before the call could continue any further.  :D 

I know that most everyone is well aware of scammers and too smart to fall for any scams, but this was a new scam for me that I'd heard of..... The Amazon scam, where they tell you that an unauthorized purchase was made on your card at Amazon.  Just thought I would let y'all know, beware of this scam, plus the many, many other types of scams that are out there.  

I may be crazy, but I'm BURIED in your memory!

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.