Recipes -  double layer pumpkin pie (67 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: The_SillyOne (silly_girl42) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-31 12:21 PM 
To: All  (1 of 2) 

For those of you who like pumpkin pie, here is a recipe that is pretty easy to make....

Ingredients:

1  large graham cracker pie shell

1 large can of pumpkin

2 boxes of french vanilla instant pudding-i use the sugar free kind because I'm diabetic but if you want you can use the regular kind....make sure tho its the instant kind

1 block of cream cheese

1 regular size container of cool whip-sugar free or regular

1 3/4 cup of splenda or sugar

4 tsp of vanilla

2 1/4 tsps of pumpkin pie spice

splash of milk-to smooth out the pudding when added to the pumpkin

In a medium size bowl, mix pumpkin, pudding, pumpkin pie spice, 2 tsps vanilla, and 1 1/2 cups splenda or sugar then set to the side.....mixture will be pretty thick

In a seperate bowl mix 3/4 tub of cool whip,  the block of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of splenda or sugar and 2 tsps vanilla.....this mixture will be thick too.....i usually taste both mixtures to make sure not too overpowering from the pumpkin pie spice and to make sure its sweet enough.......start by adding sugar/splenda and pumpkin pie spice a lil at a time and taste as u go so to make sure its good to your taste.

using the graham cracker crust spread the cream cheese/cool whip mixture on the bottom, you may have some extra left over form both mixtures, which can be used for like the mini graham cracker cups, then spread the pumpkin mixture over the top of the cream cheese mixture, cover it with the plastic lid that comes with the graham cracker crust and refridgerate over nite.   This is a favorite dessert of my family and friends....i usually have to make 4-5 of them during Thanksgiving and Christmas.  If ya have any questions let me know but most of all enjoy!!

Reply   Options 

To: The_SillyOne (silly_girl42) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 2) 
 7180.2 in reply to 7180.1 

This sounds yummy! I'll be trying this! :)

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.