Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
ABC -  DWTS (295 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 19) 

Tonight is the first episode of Dancing With the Stars-New Host Tyra Banks

Anyone planning to watch?

Reply   Options 

To: marlnoe  (2 of 19) 
 3310.2 in reply to 3310.1 

I don't plan to.  I usually don't know any of the "celebrities" so that cuts down on the enjoyment.  New changes don't go over with me either, but I do like Derick Hough.  Watched him on SYTYCD and win.  So good luck to him tonight.  Also not impressed with Tyra Banks!  Thinks it stinks getting rid of Tom Bergeron and Len Goodman.

Kerrie

To: Kerrie (KERRIELEE)  (3 of 19) 
 3310.3 in reply to 3310.2 

I agree with you about Tom. I'm not a fan of Tyra.  I did watch to see how it went.  Too much Tyra, not enough dancing

To: marlnoe  (4 of 19) 
 3310.4 in reply to 3310.3 

LOL  I was afraid of that!

Kerrrie

To: marlnoe unread  (5 of 19) 
 3310.5 in reply to 3310.1 
Just saw the promo and came in.
I used to do a lot of ballroom dancing and took many, many lessons. Maybe 4-5 nights a week. I have also recorded almost every episode since #2.
IMO, the show has gone way, way downhill in the last few years or more. The only stars are the pro dancers who have been on the show off and on for years, ie Cheryl. I would not call any of the guests "stars".
I wish they would stop having Tyra act so goofy. She has been a hard worker and has her own empire but they have her acting like a female version of Nick Cannon on the various shows he has been on since Mariah dumped him, right down to the clothes and hats.
Len couldn't be on the show because he is stuck in England for the duration of the Virus. I think Derek is a good substitute.

To: kizmet1  (6 of 19) 
 3310.6 in reply to 3310.5 

My daughter is a dancer and I used to watch this regularly.  She would do the same thing...tape the dances she particularly liked.  Also with SYTYCD.  But when I couldn't recognize any of the "stars" I quit watching.  If there was one on I liked, like when Marie Osmond was on, I would watch their performances by FF.  I really like Derik since I watched from the beginning of him on SYTYCD.  Glad he is doing a good job.  I groaned when I saw Tyra was the new host!  Felt the same way you do about her.  Still won't watch.

To: Kerrie (KERRIELEE)  (7 of 19) 
 3310.7 in reply to 3310.6 
Maybe the way the show has changed is why there are no stars on it? Be nice if Derek.could do an exhibition dance at the end but I don't know who with. Cheryl? I think the pros trained by Mark (another pro sorely missed) in Utah have left the show.

To: kizmet1  (8 of 19) 
 3310.8 in reply to 3310.5 

<<I would not call any of the guests "stars">>

The "stars" are a bunch of wanna be's and never were's :-)

Any "star" who is currently gainfully employed in the profession would never be able to take the time off necessary to spend 3 months on DWTS.

<<I wish they would stop having Tyra act so goofy.>>

Tyra is a dumpster fire.  I don't know why anyone would think she would make the show better.  Tom and Erin were just fine.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.  That's not to say there weren't problems with the show.  The scoring system needed an overhaul.  It had become purely a popularity contest, rather than true competition.  I'm not sure that they have solved that problem with the changes they've made.  We shall see.

To: STEVES11  (9 of 19) 
 3310.9 in reply to 3310.8 
I agree with you. The only true stars they have had in a long time are the pro dancers/teachers who show up. Gladys Knight is a true star (imo) and she did pretty well considering she was a novice. Others are those who starred on early tv shows. I guess Martina Navratalova could be called a star but she was pretty dismal for someone as physically fit as she was.
..I wish they would stop using athletes, especially football players.

To: kizmet1  (10 of 19) 
 3310.10 in reply to 3310.9 

Yes, they always seem to have their token dancer in categories such as former football players, former Olympic athletes, Disney Channel actors, and various fringe players across the spectrum.  I have never heard of most of these people.  That doesn't mean they aren't talented in their own right, but they aren't household names.  That in itself kind of flies in the face of the "Stars" identity in the show's title.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-19
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.