Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Streaming TV & Video -  Anderson Cooper Jeopardy stint ends (340 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-30 10:46 AM 
To: All  (1 of 20) 

CBS 60 Minutes host Bill Whitaker is up next. Still to come: TBBT's Mayim Bialik, CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Today Show's Savannah Guthrie, Jeopardy All Star Buzzy Cohen, PBS Reading Rainbow fan fave LeVar Burton, ABC's George Stephanopoulos & Robin Roberts, CNBC's David Faber & sportscaster Joe Buck

TV Line:

Anderson Cooper is complicating Jeopardy!‘s search for a full-time successor to Alex Trebek. With the CNN anchor set to wrap up his two-week stint as guest host on Friday, the social media consensus appears to be that Cooper did the iconic lectern proud, presiding over the game show with an effortless mix of gravitas and humor — and presumably making the ultimate decision on a permanent emcee that much more difficult.

“Our goal has been to present a wide variety of guest hosts with different skill sets and backgrounds on our path to finding a permanent host,” EP Mike Richards, who served as an interim host himself, said last week. “Our passionate fans are telling us what they like, and we are listening. All of the guest hosts have brought individualism, energy and an authentic love of our show to each of their episodes.”

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 20) 
 3854.2 in reply to 3854.1 

I enjoyed AC as host but am puzzled that he seems far more intelligent on "Jeopardy" than he ever has on "AC 360."

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-30 5:34 PM 
To: SMollick  (3 of 20) 
 3854.3 in reply to 3854.2 

I enjoy watching AC on both shows. He also has an entertainment bug, which probably stems from growing up in a celebrity family

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (4 of 20) 
 3854.4 in reply to 3854.1 

I thought Anderson Cooper did a great job as host.  I would like to see him full time.  I don't like the parade of a plethora of guest hosts.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-2 2:50 PM 
To: bembidion1  (5 of 20) 
 3854.5 in reply to 3854.4 

Their goal is to have a new host for the fall season so the guest hosts will fill in until then, including Buzzy Cohen for the tournament of Champions

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 20) 
 3854.6 in reply to 3854.1 

Nice!!!

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (7 of 20) 
 3854.7 in reply to 3854.1 
Marci (marcinmin) said...

CBS 60 Minutes host Bill Whitaker is up next. Still to come: TBBT's Mayim Bialik, CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Today Show's Savannah Guthrie, Jeopardy All Star Buzzy Cohen, PBS Reading Rainbow fan fave LeVar Burton, ABC's George Stephanopoulos & Robin Roberts, CNBC's David Faber & sportscaster Joe Buck

TV Line:

Anderson Cooper is complicating Jeopardy!‘s search for a full-time successor to Alex Trebek. With the CNN anchor set to wrap up his two-week stint as guest host on Friday, the social media consensus appears to be that Cooper did the iconic lectern proud, presiding over the game show with an effortless mix of gravitas and humor — and presumably making the ultimate decision on a permanent emcee that much more difficult.

“Our goal has been to present a wide variety of guest hosts with different skill sets and backgrounds on our path to finding a permanent host,” EP Mike Richards, who served as an interim host himself, said last week. “Our passionate fans are telling us what they like, and we are listening. All of the guest hosts have brought individualism, energy and an authentic love of our show to each of their episodes.”

I'm starting to think that they will never get a full time replacement for Alex Trebek because the guest format seems to create a lot of interest.

And in my opinion.  The voice of the guest counts more than their appearance or fame.  For instance in my opinion Ken Jennings has a weak voice.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-6 12:11 PM 
To: camper6  (8 of 20) 
 3854.8 in reply to 3854.7 

I think they will find a permanent host in time for the fall season. At least that is the plan

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (9 of 20) 
 3854.9 in reply to 3854.8 
Marci (marcinmin) said...

I think they will find a permanent host in time for the fall season. At least that is the plan

Yes I know but I still think with all the interest created that they will continue with the format. We should ask Johnny Gilbert.

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostMay-6 1:56 PM 
To: camper6  (10 of 20) 
 3854.10 in reply to 3854.9 

I think people are currently enjoying the temp host format but will want a permanent one. They could bring back guest hosts for tournaments, celebrity Jeopardy, etc., though

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.