Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Cable & Syndicated -  Guy Fieri raised $$ for food workers (63 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostApr-30 10:51 AM 
To: All  (1 of 1) 

left unemployed by COVID 19 shutdowns. He also has a big, fat new contract with Food Network

THR:

Once mocked by white-tablecloth elites, Fieri just signed a landmark pact for a TV chef as he steps into a respected elder statesman role in the food world — raising millions for workers unemployed due to COVID-19: "I was pissed." <snip>

Fieri sharpened this skill while also in the past year raising more than $25 million for food workers left unemployed by COVID-19 closures. He is now devoting most of his energy and, under a landmark new TV deal, his creative output into rebuilding the industry that once poked fun at his unrefined aesthetic and bacon-bedazzled menus. These days, it's hard to not take Fieri seriously. As he plans to beat the drum for restaurant relief even louder — and as those hardest hit by America's selective recession start to fall out of the news cycle — the goateed gastronomist's sense of purpose may be the thing to finally eclipse his brash persona.

"Nothing can replace what this kind of recognition, appearing on TV, can do for these people and their businesses … for their lives," he says, taking a sip of coffee. "I need to keep doing this because it just needs to be done."

Reply   Options 

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.