Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Whatever You Want -  Sue Grafton novels head to tv (103 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-8 10:35 AM 
To: All  (1 of 5) 

THR:

I know Sue Grafton never wanted her novels on tv or film, but I'm happy they will be. Don't know if the shows will air on cable (A & E network) or streaming (Disney, NBC Universal), but I'm looking forward to watching them

A TV adaptation of the late Sue Grafton’s million-selling Kinsey Millhone mystery novels, a prospect the author once swore she would return from the dead to prevent, is now in the works.

A+E Studios announced this week that it had acquired rights to Grafton’s alphabet series, with such titles as A Is for Alibi and E Is for Evidence. Grafton completed 25 Millhone books, through Y Is for Yesterday, but died in 2017 before she could write a story for Z.

“Sue Grafton is the ultimate storyteller who spent decades entertaining readers through her rich characters and spellbinding mysteries,” Barry Jossen, president and head of A+E Studios, said in a statement. “We are honored to carry on her legacy and bring these timeless stories to life. We are actively speaking with interested platforms and seeking a showrunner for the series, as well as the perfect actress to embody the coveted lead role of Kinsey Millhone.”

Reply   Options 

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 5) 
 4219.2 in reply to 4219.1 

Great news!

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (3 of 5) 
 4219.3 in reply to 4219.1 

I am often leery when books are made into series.  Except for Bosch I am usually disappointed.  Latest being Hallmark and its Vinyard mystery series.  Enjoyable as all Hallmark movies are, but lacking the magic of the characters in the book.  They gloss over the characters instead of mining them for depth.  I hope they don't do the same for Sue Grafton's series.

Kerrie 

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-9 10:50 AM 
To: Kerrie (KERRIELEE)  (4 of 5) 
 4219.4 in reply to 4219.3 

Kerrie (KERRIELEE) said...

I am often leery when books are made into series.  Except for Bosch I am usually disappointed.  Latest being Hallmark and its Vinyard mystery series.  Enjoyable as all Hallmark movies are, but lacking the magic of the characters in the book.  They gloss over the characters instead of mining them for depth.  I hope they don't do the same for Sue Grafton's series.

yes, it could go either way, but I remain hopeful. I'd add that "Vera" and "Shetland,' while not 100% true to the books, are very well done and I think even better. I didn't care for "Bones," even though author Kathy Reichs was a consultant on the show, but it was very popular and had a good run. I enjoyed the original and movie revivals of Perry Mason.  

Click Below for my Forums:

To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (5 of 5) 
 4219.5 in reply to 4219.4 

I never read the books for Vera and Shetland so couldn't compare them.  And I hated the latest remake of Perry Mason before he became the lawyer we know and love.  Read all his books and even liked the movies of him back in the '30s. lol  So I think it goes that if I see the movie first it gets my vote, but if I read the book first, that gets my vote. Ha ha

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.