The Virtual Traveler

Hosted by Silly Squishy Shorty (TOILETHEA1)

Travel the world with us. Watch and share videos and photos, and also get some amazing travel deals and sales. If you've explored the world, or wish you could, this forum is the starting point for your journeys. Relax and enjoy the world.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Easy Accessible Destinations   Seniors and disabled travel

Started Dec-1 by Silly Squishy Shorty (TOILETHEA1); 400 views.

Easy Accessible Destinations for First-Time Disabled Travelers

Boston, Massachusetts

Boston is my hometown — I’ve now lived here for nearly two years, and have a long history of visiting the city prior to my move. In my first year of traveling with a disability, I visited Boston more than 10 times! It appears on this list because it is one of my favorite cities in America and, next to Philadelphia, it is one of the two most consequential cities in American history.

Boston feels like a small city, connected by a largely accessible subway system, accessible buses with ramps and wheelchair taxis (including from Uber and Lyft!) — all of this adds up to an exciting destination that is easy to get around. To learn more, check out the Boston Wheelchair Travel Guide. If you travel through here, be sure to drop me a line!

Boston feels like a small city, connected by a largely accessible subway system, accessible buses with ramps and wheelchair taxis (including from Uber and Lyft!) — all of this adds up to an exciting destination that is easy to get around. To learn more, check out the Boston Wheelchair Travel Guide. If you travel through here, be sure to drop me a line!

Chicago, Illinois

The “Windy City” is one of America’s most popular cities. Located along Lake Michigan, Chicago offers a wide-range of opportunities with its waterfront beaches, canal boat tours and dinner cruises.

Other accessible tourist attractions include world-class museums, the sky-scraping Willis Tower, shopping on the iconic Michigan Avenue, sporting events including Chicago Cubs baseball at Wrigley Field, public art installations, Michelin-starred culinary experiences and deep-dish pizza. The Centennial Wheel is recognized as one of the Top 9 Wheelchair Accessible Ferris Wheels in the World. Be sure to get the Chicago CityPASS to save money on the city’s top attractions.

With the information contained in the free Chicago Wheelchair Travel Guide, you’ll be prepared to experience all the city has to offer from the seat of your wheelchair.

Las Vegas, Nevada

More at

https://wheelchairtravel.org/mailbag-easy-accessible-destinations-first-time-disabled-travelers/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

DarnasiAnil

Jan-9

Thank you, for providing valuable information