MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike! And it entails far more than you might think. Operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, WearOS, Tizen and many others. In fact, unless you're specifically running a Windows-based machine, chances are you're running Linux in some form or fashion. From your computer to your tablet to your smartphone and right down to your favorite wearables, chances are they have the Linux kernel at their core. So come, join us, and see the world of Linux through new eyes!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Fedora 30 Now Available   Red Hat / Fedora / Centos

Started 4/30/19 by MRCROSSROADS; 482 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Sep-21

Just to follow up on my Fedora 30/Broadcom driver fiasco, it appears it still hasn't been fixed yet. I've tried the recommended fixes that have worked for others such as the copr release, using the package from updates-testing and still no luck.

I'm going to assume my drivers won't be a priority going forward so I'll probably just install Mageia 7 over it since it doesn't appear to have this problem based on my experience with the livecd.

bshmr

Sep-28

Let me/us know if Mageia 7 themes (Plasma) text formatting is less that the 2/3 white-space of version 6, please. The community refused to consider that 'a bug' although many (like me) left for something else. My akregator display went from over 40 vertical lines to 20 some! Other than that, Mageia was a very solid system. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Oct-5

I haven't noticed. I'll have to keep an eye out for it next time I boot it up. Overall it's been a great experience so far but I've mostly been using it for writing and other basic stuff.