MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike! And it entails far more than you might think. Operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, WearOS, Tizen and many others. In fact, unless you're specifically running a Windows-based machine, chances are you're running Linux in some form or fashion. From your computer to your tablet to your smartphone and right down to your favorite wearables, chances are they have the Linux kernel at their core. So come, join us, and see the world of Linux through new eyes!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MATE   General Discussion

Started Jun-25 by MRCROSSROADS; 97 views.
MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jun-25

I just found out today that for the past few years I've been pronouncing Mate wrong. It doesn't rhyme with Hate. It's pronounced mah-tay. 

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Jun-27

Same here. I was listening to one  of the Linux podcasts I listen to and I was half listening  and noticed they kept referring to a mah-tay and I just assumed it was some Android project lol.

After noticing it a few times I finally  put two and two together and realized I had been pronouncing wrong in my  head the whole time :-)

MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jun-28

I bet we heard it on the same podcast. It was one of Jupiter Broadcasting's podcasts. Listen to them all the time. I can stay caught of just by listening on the way to work and back every day.

True nerdism!

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Jun-28

Not sure if they're on Jupiter Broadcasting or not because I get them on the Tune-In app. This one is the 'Linux Action Show'. I'll usually catch it during work on Monday mornings.

MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jun-28

Yup, that's the one. You would probably like their other ones too.

Choose Linux
Linux Unplugged

https://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Jun-28

Will have to check those out. I have heard them reference Linux Unplugged at times.