MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike! And it entails far more than you might think. Operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, WearOS, Tizen and many others. In fact, unless you're specifically running a Windows-based machine, chances are you're running Linux in some form or fashion. From your computer to your tablet to your smartphone and right down to your favorite wearables, chances are they have the Linux kernel at their core. So come, join us, and see the world of Linux through new eyes!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dropbox restores Linux support   Linux | Open Source News

Started Jul-23 by MRCROSSROADS; 138 views.
MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jul-23

Oh, thanks so much Dropbox. But no thanks. I have happily moved on.

CDP (PerraultC)
Staff

Jul-28

I'll have to revisit it. I've been using google drive as a seconday backup for a few files, but I can't use it directly from Dolphin that I'm aware. Uploading and downloading from web browser interface works, but it's a clunky experience.

MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jul-28

Dropbox is just too expensive. I switched to Sync, which is FAR more secure. You get 500GB of storage for $49/yr, which averages to $4.09/month. It has built-in strong end-to-end encryption. Also offers a 2TB, 3TB and 4TB plan. No Linux desktop client yet but there is one for Windows, Mac and Android.

https://www.sync.com/?_sync_refer=3fd8dca80