MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike! And it entails far more than you might think. Operating systems such as Chrome OS, Android, WearOS, Tizen and many others. In fact, unless you're specifically running a Windows-based machine, chances are you're running Linux in some form or fashion. From your computer to your tablet to your smartphone and right down to your favorite wearables, chances are they have the Linux kernel at their core. So come, join us, and see the world of Linux through new eyes!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I broke OpenSuSE   Other Distros

Started Jan-19 by Clive - Proctalgia Fugax :0(( (cl1ve); 153 views.

Hi

I re-arranged my partitions and Installed Mint.  Then tried to add OpenSuSE back in as a fresh start.

It has installed, without a swap space, I left 6 gig empty to allow for one and couldn't make one.

Even worse the uEFI bootloader had nowhere to go and wont boot, yet again I could not create the small space it needed.

Now with mint working and Gparted I have an opportunity.

Any pointers please.

I will use the DVD to repiar as needed after any trying any suggestions.

TIA.

bshmr

Jan-19

SUSe sans SWAP, huh. Won't be on a LVM, would it?  Have to be careful with 'default' installs nowadays. Also, suspect that the Anaconda installer isn't intuitive for you either -- so thanks for for that bit of news, b/c I fought similar issues with CentOS 8.1/7.7. You may have to request the lib for 'ntfs/ntfs-3g' utilities, in addition to 'epel' or equivalent sources.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks.

Gonna try a repair, having created a tiny partition now for the uEFI area.

MRCROSSROADS
Host

Jan-25

Have you tried the repair?

Hi

3 completely fresh installs later, it works.

Also got LinuxMint behaving better as well.

So a fraught few days but all is better now.

Thanks.