MRCROSSROADS

Linux Cafe

Hosted by MRCROSSROADS

The Linux Cafe is for Linux gurus, novices and the curious alike. Catch up on the latest in Penguin Land.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PCLinuxOS Forum   General Discussion

Started Dec-3 by MRCROSSROADS; 81 views.
MRCROSSROADS
Host

Dec-4

I thought so. You posted regarding a Brother print driver in 2013 that helped me resolve an issue I had been having with mine for like two years. I stumbled across it a month or so ago.

So, thanks!

Well, glad I could help.  Hopefully, that post has helped a lot of other people.  I see people being directed to it fairly often.

Brother seems to have pretty good Linux support, even if it is sort of hard to find.  We have three Brother printers here at home.  One laser about 6 years old, another smaller one, about 3 years old, and an ink jet about 4 years old.  All working well for both my Linux system and the wife's Windows laptop,

MRCROSSROADS
Host

Dec-5

Yes, hard to find is an understatement. Any solution I tried had the same result. Every time I'd print the printer would spit out blank page after blank page until I either stopped it or the printer ran out of paper. And installing their drivers was a PITA. 

Then somehow I stumbled upon your solution, which was easy to do, and worked like a charm. Imagine my joy that after two years the printer was finally working!

Buy yourself a cold one on me. :-D