In reply toRe: msg 1
2k1VStarRide

2/13/19

Google KJS Motorcycle Works

In reply toRe: msg 1
RustyNuckfut

2/13/19

Hi

I have a single carb conversion, did it for cosmetic reasons as my twin carbs were nicely tuned. However it runs really well, much more responsive, more go for way less effort.

I've heard it doesn't suit WOT riding but I never do that so can't comment on any top end performance loss or gains.

Here are the websites

http://kjsmotorcycleworks.com/

http://bikeintakeperformance.com/

and there is searayguy on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/searayguy321

I got mine from searayguy, if you want an easier to setup option go for KJS although they are the most expensive.

On mine which is a Harley carb, I had to delete the fuel pump as it flooded the carb easily.

Biggest problem was the tank hitting the top of the carb, i did a tank lift but BIP do an extension to move the carb out.

Ah, and the TPS has to be wired different for a Harley carb but probably more by luck mine gives better readings now.

Antto

2/13/19

Thank you for answer, I sent the letter to KJS but they didn t answer and I thought that probably company is closed)) 

Can U tell me does it possible to use that kit with stock mufflers and did your fuel consumption change after kit installation?

Its the good news that fuel pump may throw away)))

In reply toRe: msg 4
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

The good and bad about going to a single carb. The good is there is only 1 carb. The downside is that you lose performance compared to other far less expensive performance alternatives. The 1100 is a high revving short stroke motor which benefits a great deal from a 2 carb manifold. Long stroke, low rev motors work better with a single carb intake.

For a $150 pod kit on an 1100 you can get far more HP than a single carb set up could ever get.

In reply toRe: msg 4

You can buy pods, pipes & cams for what the complete sigle carb set-up will cost you. I just bought an 1100 with the KJS, Super E carb & spoke air filter, said it cost him $1500 & he was on his own tuning it.

Antto

2/14/19

Hi, what does it mean- pod kit?

In reply toRe: msg 7
RustyNuckfut

2/14/19

A pod kit is where you remove the air box, which is restrictive and have a pod filter of each carb. Makes a big difference, it's what I had before the single.

My single conversion cost just under $500 including the carb from searayguy. It included the manifold & gaskets, carb jetted but not the TPS bracket, although the carb he supplied didn't need one.

Don't know about HP but the bike feels 100lbs lighter, had to slack off the throttle because it was too responsive! Don't know about the gas mileage, I put the same amount in every week as I did before, same daily commute except MUCH more fun.

Like I said I had no issues with twin carbs, comes down to preference and style of riding I guess.

Antto

2/14/19

Hi, how did you lift your fuel tank?

In reply toRe: msg 9
RustyNuckfut

2/14/19

It lifts the front only, basically the tank cup section sits on top of the frame stub, that's enough clearance.

I made a bracket that fits over the frame stub that holds the tank rubber mount and into the C shaped cup on the tank where the rubber mount sits.

If you have a fairly flat air filter I would use an extension to move the carb out, which is what I will do in the end.

Btw, this is on a custom, the classic might have different clearances?

Antto

2/14/19

When you make the intake longer with the extension it will probably change the characteristic of fuel flow, overwise companies  would do the intake for our model espesialy longer?

By the way, what air filter did you mount to your cv carb, do you use stock mufflers and did you buy you carb with suitable jets  or you tuned it yourself?