_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PODS and miscellaneous    Technical-Bikes

Started 2/28/21 by Ed (VeryNorCalEd); 2832 views.
Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/17/21

Donn great to hear from you

Rocketship nice!!!! Typical in performance mods, you are always chasing the weak link.

”I rode it once and even with the clutch slipping it was a rocketship.” I love it

Thank you Donn for the history and performance tips. Respect for the humility but you guys are all celebrities to me and if there is a link to the V Star 1100 Riders forum history I would love to read it.

I am a caregiver for my wife and we are getting her a new knee this month and as soon as the doctor says “go” for the other knee we will be doing it as well. If I may be so bold as to invite myself on the impromptu ride in June out of Eugene, the bow out factors would be wife’s condition and bikes condition but if the planets align, I would love to meet you all and go for a puttStill want to do the Redwoods with you too

Going to try something not sure if it’s going to work or if this thread is appropriate so edit at will. Taking Mick’s advice to stick with the whole learning how to do things on the forum by trying things I’m going to try to post a pic. If it works I might post some more. I just noticed what looks like a photo with an arrow down. I’m doing this on my phone and my old eyes are old and yes I have cheaters on lets see.

whooooaaaa it worked it was upside down but I even accidentally stumbled upon that fix as well. Patting myself on the back right now.

Oh yeah you can now refer to me as the “High Tech Very Nor Cal Ed”

I can post pics of the risers I mentioned, the spacers for the Cobra light bar if any of that might help others looking to do the same not sure if this thread would be the correct place?

Thanks again Donn

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

3/17/21

Cheaters...lol, I've worn triple vision lenses for over 25 years now and at 68 they aren't getting better.  If you do Face Book a few of us old guys are talking about a get together, everyone will be on their own for meals and a place to sleep. Probably won't be any 1100's there since a lot of us have moved on but that's ok.

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

3/18/21

Hey Donn, 

boy time ain’t waiting for nobody. Besides my arms getting to short for reading it also seems the ground is getting farther away and once I get down on the ground gravity seems to have increased because it’s way harder to get up off the ground.

Probably why I have been looking at bike lifts whether new or home made.

The other day when I was putting on the Baron’s “oil filter relocation” kit, I put my favorite piece of cardboard on the concrete floor of the shop, after some time getting prone on the ground to pull the oil drain plug, I finally get the drain plug pulled and made sure the oil was actually going in the drain pan I looked up at the front exhaust flange and then woke up disoriented and went back into the house, forgot what I was doing.

So I figure if I get a lift or build a lift I might get more done.

Getting old ain’t for the faint of heart but it’s a great excuse for getting stuff you wish had when you were younger.

You granted access to my wife’s FB account to “Yamaha V* 1100 Riders” and she has looked for any kind of details or beginning ideas of the Eugene ride in June and has not found anything. Not sure if you can do links in FB to her account to help her help me for the info of the ride?

Thanks Donn

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

3/19/21

I quess it wasn't that page.  lol   It was on Jim Strodas page