_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

group page background pic   General Discussion

Started Mar-8 by George D. (gr86ss); 1573 views.
George D. (gr86ss)

Mar-8

Aloha!  I haven't owned an 1100 in several years, but just logged into the page to find some info for a friend.  I'm honored that my bike is the group background page pic!  My vstar 1100 was in the Yamaha commercials back in 2005/6  Anyways, just thought I'd drop a note and say hi!

ABE (spud116)

Mar-8

Can't say I remember you even though I joined in 2005. My memory is going down as my age and weight go up. But welcome back anyway. Hope all is well with ya.

That was back in the days with Mookie, Dro, Shane and many more.  None of those 3 show up any more but

some of the older ones still do.

George D. (gr86ss)

Mar-8

Yep, Shane is more active on the FB groups.  Dro shows up every now and then on FB, but he doesn't have his 1100 anymore.  Tim from Metric Magic moved up to a Roadie and is semi active on the Roadstar FB groups.  I sold my 1100 about 10 years ago or so.  Since then I've been on a Roadliner and now have two Roadstars.  Miss the 1100 still.  Unfortunate that Yamaha discontinued the Star line.  

I'm currently doing my second Roadstar now.  You can see pix in Instagram of the progress @1700STR

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Hey George! Good to see you drop in the slums! Yup...I put that pic up a couple of years ago. That was a great lookin' bike.

Good to see you're still around and on a Roadie.

DRO (Drostar100)

Mar-9

George! 

Hey brother. I actually just bought my 1100 back for the second time lol. 

Its a mess but it gives me something to do. 

George D. (gr86ss)

Mar-9

Dro!  Howzit my bruddah!  My 1100 went to SoCal and haven't seen it since.  Glad you have your 1100 back!  

Roadie #2, also ended up in SoCal, and its the one I should've never sold.  I saw for sale 2 years ago, but owner wouldn't negotiate price so I ended up getting another one locally in NorCal.  And about a month and half ago, purchased another one lol.

Roadie #3 (selling after I complete project #4 lol)

Roadie #4 (current project)

George D. (gr86ss)

Mar-9

Howzit Mick! Glad that you're running the 1100 site and keeping the 1100 legacy alive!

DRO (Drostar100)

Mar-9

Good to hear from you, I see your corvette stuff on FB once in awhile but I'm not very active there either. 

ABE (spud116)

Mar-9

So you've been watching. How's it going Dro.