The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Carb Sync Screw   Technical-Bikes

Started Mar-31 by eruby; 1074 views.
eruby

Mar-31

One of you used to make a sync screw with a large head so you can turn it by hand. Who made that and how much are they?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Zonker1972

Mar-31

tim used to make a pilot mixture screw (PMS) that you could turn with your fingers. the carb sync screw is in the front of the carb and you should be able to get a shorty screwdriver on it.

zonker

eruby

Apr-1

Thanks Zonker. I have one that I bought several years ago and never installed. I'm selling my V-Star so I can sell this pilot mixture screw (PMS) if anyone is interested. I have a 2005 1100 Silverado. Would $10 be fair?

• Edited April 1, 2021 2:34 pm  by  eruby
In reply toRe: msg 3
Texpatriat

Apr-1

That doesn't look like a PMS to me. That looks like the sync. screw. Do we even know which the OP is looking for?

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

The thread title says Carb Synch Screw......so that's most likely what he's looking for....

In reply toRe: msg 1
Donn (99Orton)

Apr-2

Tim has the PMS screws you adjust by hand. I've never seen a sync screw you adjust by hand.

Texpatriat

Apr-2

Yeah, most likely. Actually It looks like he isn't looking for one so much as wondering what the one he has is worth. The thing is that the terms PMS and sync. screw are being used interchangeably as if the are the same thing.

eruby

Apr-2

I thought originally it was a sync screw to balance the carbs but then someone said it was probably a PMS screw since you can get to the balance screw easily. The pic seemed to solidify that it's a replacement screw with a big head to sync the carbs. I believe I got it thru TimB but can't remember.

Either way, I don't need it and wanted to see if I could sell it.

In reply toRe: msg 8
crazeeharry

Apr-2

Yeah, Eruby,

not to butt in here,

but if no. one else wants / has dibs on the sync screw let me know.

I got Tim B's PMS screws, love em, I've thought long about the sync screw and retiring my 7mm tiny wrench and be able to finger adjust everything!

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Tim made them for a short time......