The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

TPS issue, check engine light   General Discussion

Started Apr-8 by rogerz1000; 412 views.
rogerz1000

Apr-8

Hello everyone, I am kinda new here. I'm on Delphi and have been a part of the Suzuki Marauder piece of Delphi for years! I still have that bike, but I purchased an 03 Yamaha v-star 1100 just recently and have some questions about some issues.

1st, my check engine is on. 3 blinks. Looks like it's a TPS issue. I would love to find out how to test and maybe adjust the TPS. Can anyone help with that? Looks like there are no YouTube vids on that for this bike :( If anyone has a link to this info can you include that in a response?

2nd, There is a chrome steel line on the engine on the left side. It's part of the clutch cable bracket. The tube has a hole rusted through it. What is that tube, and should it be replaced? If anyone has a link to this info can you include that in a response?

3rd, I saw a message here talking about the knowledge Base but can't find it here to save my life. Can you guide me to where that might be?

Thanks all!

Roger

Texpatriat

Apr-8

The link is at the bottom of the home/start page. Everything you need need to know is in there.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Like mentioned above.....the Wiki Knowledge Base has about everything you need to know about the 1100. I'd also suggest reading the new owner section......

The link is up top just under the header pic. But here is the link to the TPS section.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/tuning/tps

In reply toRe: msg 3
rogerz1000

Apr-17

So it looks like I do have a bad TPS sensor and I will need a new one. Any suggestions on where to get one at a fair price?

Donn (99Orton)

Apr-18

Check with Timb.