The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is this carburetor wire for?   General Discussion

Started May-19 by deandrae; 470 views.
deandrae

May-19

Hi, I was taking my carburetor apart and accidentally twisted off the wire on this part. I took the picture from my other carburetor’s wire. The wire screws in on the side of the float bowl very near the bottom of the bowl on both carburetors. The wires connect to the bike with a rectangular plug near the same place the TPS sensor and carburetor heaters plug in. What is this part called? I can’t find it on a schematic and the parts stores don’t know what I’m talking about. It’s a 2006 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom.

Thanks so much for any help. It’s kind of frustrating.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

That's the fuel shut off solenoid. They came on 06-up bikes to shut off fuel on decel to prevent the catalytic convertor from flooding with fuel. If you have stock exhaust, they should stay....and you can try to resolder the wire on the solenoid. If you have aftermarket exhaust you can simply eliminate them......but you'll have a flashing check engine light. I make a kit to eliminate the flash and plug the bowls. They are $35 shipped conusa......

deandrae

May-19

Thanks man! I have a stock exhaust, so I’ll probably try to solder it back together. Strange that it doesn’t show up on parts schematics, but I appreciate it!

Donn (99Orton)

May-20

I did the same thing and soldered it. The repair lasted a while and then broke again. That's when I got Micks kit.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Doing great Donn! Hope you are too..... Just been super busy.

Donn (99Orton)

May-21

I am doing Fantastic! Cancer is in remission and I am back to doing normal things again. The last year was a bitch but thanks to Debbi and my Drs. I'll be around for awhile longer.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Hard to beat that for good news! Glad you're back riding!

ABE (spud116)

May-21

Great to hear that Donn.