_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Popping on the front cylinder   Technical-Bikes

Started May-26 by Basxvs1100; 516 views.
Basxvs1100

May-26

Hi guys,

A friend of me has got a problem with his xvs 1100 Classic. His front cylinder “pops”.  He himself has the idea that the spark comes too late or sometimes never.  He wants to replace the ignition coil.  The spark plug is fairly black, but that can also be from those pops.

Does anyone recognize this problem and has an idea how to fix it?

Thanx!

Texpatriat

May-26

We need more information. Is it on deceleration, acceleration, all the time, erratic, consistent, etc. When I first got mine I had terrible popping at front cylinder, enough to fry  the catalytic converter. Turned to to be the plug wire end.

Basxvs1100

May-26

Allright, but we don’t have a catalystic converter?

Basxvs1100

May-26

Yes, even at idle.
 Done: Ignition coils, spark plugs, carburettor cleaned, different nozzle occupation tried, TPS sensor, CDI Unit, Air filter, Spark plug caps and cables, Cylinders honed, new piston rings, new gaskets, valves adjusted, bearings replaced, wiring checked, synchronized. And cam shafts synchronized

Donn (99Orton)

May-26

Nozzle occupation? What is that?

Basxvs1100

May-26

Sorry, I used google translate so it was translate too literally. I ment that he tried different nozzles in the carbs

Donn (99Orton)

May-26

So what is the setup in the carbs? What intake, jetting etc.? We need info to help.

Basxvs1100

May-26

Do you think it has something to do with the air/fuel ratio?

Texpatriat

May-26

Was all that done before or after the trouble started?

By the way, I don't have the cat.s anymore either. That burnt muffler was just the excuse I needed to get some nice aftermarket pipes.

Donn (99Orton)

May-26

Could be but we need info.