_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pods   Tuning&Exhaust:99-05 non cal

Started Jul-2 by Basxvs1100; 2400 views.
Basxvs1100

Jul-3

Allright, thanx guys. 

It’s clear, I’ll get rid of the jet kit stuff and put back the stock needles. 
How did you mount the pods to the rubber elbows on the carbs? In the pod set there is a small bag of glue, but there are also clamps included. 
Sorry for asking so much, but you all have a lot of experience with the pods

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-3

Where did you get the Pods? I hope a reputable Vendor,  in which case instructions should have been included. 

Basxvs1100

Jul-3

I have bought it at sscustomcycle.com. 
there is a instruction, but I wonder if there are more ways to install. Because I don’t prefer using glue

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-3

I had the Chubby kit and must have used the glue, I did mine back in 08 and never had a issue. Why not a pvc sleeve and clamps then? Remember Shane was the pioneer in developing Pods and knows what he is doing 

Texpatriat

Jul-4

Not sure if the same size filters will work but I did the thing with the bottom of the air box left in place (it's in the KB). I just slipped the filters over the boots and ran a couple of sheet metal screws in each. Easy on, Easy off 

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-4

The quiet mod. I did the Chubby kit back in 08.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

I have the chubby kit too. But how do you clean/change the filters when you used the glue?

I’ll let you know if I had the time and install them. 

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-6

Take the clamp loose where the elbow attaches to the carbs. I think I cleaned them once in 30k miles. If you have any questions call Shane. He's a great guy and will help.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

Yes that’s right, I can loose the elbost at the carb side
If I have any further questions I’ll contact Shane, I think I can do that on this forum right?

crazeeharry

Jul-6

I also have the Chubby air kit from Shane.

Glue his filters to the elbows that come off the carb throats, to fit, #1 elbow goes up front on the carb of #2 cylinder, #2 Elbow goes on the back #1 cylinder, for clearance with the tank. So the Elbows reverse (look for moulded in number on each elbow for ref. 

To clean, remove tank, remove elbow from carb, cleans as per K&N instructions, dry, oil, reinstall.

Filters remain glued to elbows through the process. (Glue process. scuff rubber boots & rubber filter neck with sand paper, wipe with alcohol, dry and glue em. Mine were done in 2013, no issues.

Hope this helps...