The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

anyone who still has an audiovox cruise control   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Sep-8 by Zonker1972; 292 views.
Zonker1972

Sep-8

i'm not sure who can benefit from this but here goes.

i installed a audiovox ccs-100 cruise control when i bought my 1100 back in 2014. in fact if you go to the wiki and click on the HERE link about true cruise control you'll see all the questions i asked. anyway, my cruise stopped working and and i was all set to install the Rostra all electronic, no vacuum, cruise. however, first i wanted to determine why the ccs-100 stopped working. i did some research and if the LED troubleshooting light is giving you the correct responses, the most likely problem are the solenoids that control the vacuum and therefore the cruise. this is explained very well here http://www.vulcanbagger.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19536

and there are some good pics here

https://ecomodder.com/forum/member-jomelmaldonado-albums-diy%3B+mpg+sensitive+cruise+control-picture681-another-view-solenoids-circuit-board.html

i took the servo case apart and exposed the 3 solenoids. when i tested them with 12V across the power leads 2 clicked really well. one of the vent solenoids did not click. i took the solenoid apart and cleaned it up using rubbing alcohol. today i am proud to say the cruise engaged on my way to work this morning. 

so, if you still have this cruise on your bike and it stopped working for no reason, i'd check the solenoids. 

have fun, zonker

Donn (99Orton)

Sep-9

Kent was the only other one that I know that had the Audiovox setup. Glad you figured it out.

ABE (spud116)

Sep-16

I had that setup many years ago. Worked great for 1 year and quit, so I got rid of it and went to throttle lock.

I'm not familiar with the Rostra but I'll look into it because I would love to have one on my newer bike (2005).