_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dyna 3000 Digital Performance Ignition - Yamaha V-Star 1100   For Sale/Wanted

Started Sep-13 by Specs (specsrus); 823 views.
Specs (specsrus)

Sep-13

Does anyone have one of these for sale?

Dyna 3000 Digital Performance Ignition - Yamaha V-Star 1100 (05-08)

gradie55

Sep-14

Unless you have cams, this unit really is not much use.. $350. we use them to change the timing curve when you have cams ... as well to increase the rpms to 7000 ... 

Specs (specsrus)

Sep-14

Understood. I used to have this before with pods, 2 into 1 exhaust, performance cams, high compression pistons and heavy duty valve springs putting out 96HP. On my current ride I have pods and aftermarket exhaust and was hoping to increase the rev limiter to 7,000RPM. My hope was to pick up a used unit for less than $350.

gradie55

Sep-14

Were you running Shanes 502 kit? From SS Custom Cycle? and that will work.. 

Specs (specsrus)

Sep-14

Yes I was at that time, but not on my current ride.

gradie55

Sep-14

That's what my ride has in it... the last kit he had... 96 hp dyno-tuned had to go to the 79 lb springs on the Barnett to get hp to the ground ... a fun ride... I had the heads done at Rev up here in Canada .. only issue I have is it will only run on 94 octane ... anything less knock, knock... so its boost and that becomes a pain in the ass when I go south... so I bought a 1700 to do that... 

Ron

Specs (specsrus)

Sep-14

I also went through 3 clutches and the Barnett springs were the answer. The bike only ran well on the highest octane that I could get here in Toronto, Ontario. I won at Star Days in 2006 for the highest HP for an 1100 in Canada, but in all fairness that was because an 1100 from out west with nitrous had mechanical problems.

gradie55

Sep-14

its got lots of power ... but actually liked the Boss 429 cams better, it would pull better up to 4000 ... so running the mountains out west here was great with those cams ... the 502's couldn't pull the scum off the top of rice pudding below 4000..  so now it sits in my basement... and only use it on special days ... so you sold yours? do you mind tell me what you got for it ... 

Specs (specsrus)

Sep-14

I could not get what I wanted for it so I gave it to my son-in-law. The original bike was a 2003. I bought a slightly used 2008 and switched everything over. So my bike looked exactly the same, just with a new engine and my son-in-law got all of the performance upgrades with the appearance of a 2008.

I have attached a photo of my current ride.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

good lookin' bike Specs!