_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Long Time No Run   Technical-Bikes

Started Oct-6 by migz (migz1100); 572 views.
migz (migz1100)

Oct-6

Dear All

i tried using what i figured were key words in the search bar, and didnt hit any matches. i know this has been addressed before, plenty...confounded Ive read the posts myself, but that was along time ago when i didnt think i'd ever need the info, yet here we are. My 1100 has been parked in a workshop for round 3.5 years. i didnt ever dump the fuel or anything. please point me toward a discussion that will tell me the best ideas about resurrection so i can cut to the chase as far as what/how/best plan and get the old bag running again without destroying something. 

If i didnt live on the darkside of the moon, now would be a great time to get a POD kit too, but i'll figure that one out i guess with whats locally available here.

Thanks for wading through my whine... sleeping and thank you in advance for any advice or links shared.

kind regards Migz

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

It's all in the Knowledge Base.....click the link under the forum title. Carb rebuild is in the tuning section. Drain and replace the brake fluid....drain the old fuel...etc...etc....

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Mornin Chappie! Good to see you! Hope things are well in your half of the planet...!

yeah pretty good, still riding my vstar got another 3 bikes too so hard to decide which one to ride lol
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Hey Timmy! Hope you;re well....

migz (migz1100)

Oct-14

thanks Mick...shuda knownexpressionless

kind regards from Cape Town