MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Adding LED driving lights   CustomModifications/Projects

Started Oct-6 by LordRamiro; 976 views.
LordRamiro

Oct-6

Hey Guys,

I am trying to not encourage Amazon like someone strongly suggested ;)

I am looking for LED driving lights that I could attach to My crash bars instead of pegs that I don't use.

Do you guys have any other places in Canada if possible, where I could purchase said LEDs ?

Looking for something I could connect with the front beam that would also have high/low setting

Thanks

Donn (99Orton)

Oct-11

I don't know about Canada but I like Custom Dynamics Motorcycle LED Lights and Motorcycle LED Lighting by Radiantz Motorsports just to name a couple for LED lighting.

LordRamiro

Oct-12

And which model would I compare it to in Harley`s bikes ? The sportster ?

lebdjtim

Oct-12

Heritage Softail

LordRamiro

Oct-13

So if I want let`s say this beam

https://www.customdynamics.com/probeam-harley-575-led-headlamp?cat=2

It would fit on My 2000 1100 custom bike ?

lebdjtim

Oct-13

I believe if you have the stock headlight bucket you need the 7".  Hopefully someone else will correct me if i am incorrect on the custom but the classic is the 7"

• Edited October 13, 2021 9:47 pm  by  lebdjtim
LordRamiro

Oct-14

hmmm, I found this on the KB

LED Headlights -

There appear to be many LED replacement options. They are not only brighter, but they also draw much less power from the V Star electrical system. As with most things, price does dictate quality. There are both LED bulbs that replace the existing H4 bulb, and complete lens assemblies. The complete assembly is recommended as the best for increasing light output. More info in the following forum thread...

Forum Thread - link to LED Sealed Beam Headlight Replacement

This appears to be a pretty straightforward lens swap using any one of a number of LED assemblies designated for 7" Harley headlights to fit the classic headlight bucket. The Custom uses a smaller 5.75" lens assembly,The bucket size makes it mandatory to heavily modify the LED unit, which may degrade the life expectancy.

do I measure the bucket size with or without the lens attached to it ?

I guess without to have the right size of beam.. correct Me if I`m wrong.

Thanks

RCCola45

Oct-14

I know the custom and the classic have different size buckets.     I have Road King and it takes the 7 inch and I wanted something different like you do.   I researched several Harley websites and found the following to be a respected LED light for lot less.   I ended up buying Hogworkz  brand but people were comparing the Hogworkz and the Sunpie version with not much difference other than price.

Click here for Sunpie 5.75"

For $50, it sure would not be much of a loss if things didn't work out like you thought.   I am surprised others have not chimed in with what they ended up getting because I remember seeing a good handful of people here doing that conversion.

For my 1100 Classic, I just replaced the bulb and was more than happy with results. Living in Wisconsin with the deer population like it is ... I avoid riding after dark much.

LordRamiro

Oct-14

joyjoyjoy

You guys have deers, we have Mooses here in Quebec,

and since I live in region, we have more woodlands than around the big cities grin

but since I crashed My first back 15 years ago, I only bought My 2000 Custom last year.

and I am involving more on this bike than the first, that`s why I ask a lot of questions.

Now I have a Winter's job to do on it this year, I just hope I won't screw this up since I might have to take the carbs off to check the gap on My pistons as I don't know if it`s ever been done.

and since I saw that if I take off the carbs, I have to rejet them, I am not really sure as to how to do all this.

but I know I have good support here ;) with a big experienced knowledge base with all you guys around

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

You only have to change jets in the barbs if you change the intake.... You do need to synch them after you put them back on....but that's a very simple job.