_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New rider   New Member Introductions

Started Nov-29 by MichaelBlak; 271 views.
MichaelBlak

Nov-29

I just graduated from a 74 Suzuki Sierra to a 99 Yamaha V-Star. Been riding dual purpose bikes since my Senior year of high school. This is the biggest motorcycle I've ever been on. 59 year old truck driver from Idaho. The bike sat for a few years I was told. The guy before me dumped fresh fuel on top of old. I bought it and had a shop go through the carbs and valve adjustments. Previous owner fried the rectifier trying to jump stat it, so that been fixed as well. Got it home just in time to winterize it so I'm already looking forward to spring and putting on some mile.

Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

Welcome! You picked a great bike. At the top of this page, just under the forum name, is a link to the Knowledge Base.I'd suggest going to the new owners sections.....some VERY valuable info in there....

On another note.....what part of Idaho? My family is in the Grangeville area.

OldAFVetProf

Nov-29

Welcome, Michael! There are some great roads in Idaho for this bike. I know...I grew up there and was riding motocross until the time I left. Of course, those aren't the roads, but Highway 55 out of Boise all the way to Moscow and then on to Coeur d'ALene would be a great ride. Cross over to Post Falls and Spokane and back down across the Rathdrum. Two great days. Good luck! You're gonna love this bike!