_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Adapt stock front signal mount for Chinese signals   General Discussion

Started Jun-18 by Dan (Kamikazedan); 358 views.
Dan (Kamikazedan)

Jun-18

Greetings all

I am in the process of building a bobber from a 2008 1100 Custom. I want to use brass lights and signals to add a bit of bling, so I got some from China. Like most such, these come with a threaded nipple for mounting. I looked at a bunch of options for the front signals, but then I looked very closely at the stock mount and its internal bore... 

Well, it turns out the bore is perfectly sized to allow a fella to tap it with threads to accept that nipple. Next step was to remove about a centimeter or so to shorten it, then grind and file it carefully until the signal threads on and bottoms out just when it facing forward and level (there is an indexing boss on the casting to check with) 

Quick mod, and very easy. First one went slow as I figured it out, and the second took about fifteen minutes. Now for some paint to black out the bare casting, and call 'er done! 

Msg 63372.2 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 1
Dan (Kamikazedan)

Jun-18

PS I would add a few photos of work in progress, but it took close to an hour of trying and re-trying to get a photo to post successfully for the first post.