_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Poor acceleration    Technical-Bikes

Started Jun-27 by GPEastwood (Eastwood55); 270 views.

I have a 2003 VStar 1100 with a Kuryaken Hypercharger.  I just installed a new Cobra Dragster Exhaust system to replace the Hard Krome exhaust on which a pipe cracked. I cleaned the carburetor and jets thoroughly.  The carbs had been rejected for the Hard Krome Exhaust… 125 main jet on the front and 112.5 main on the rear.  I backed the PMS on each carb out 3.5 turns as they were before cleaning the carburetor. I changed to fuel and filter. All the hoses are good and secure.
The bike starts and idles well. I don’t notice any hesitation when in low speed but when on the highway, I have very poor acceleration and it backfires now and then. I suspect I am running lean.  The bike is slow to pick up speed and won’t go faster than approx 60mph. 

Any ideas on what to do next?

In reply toRe: msg 1

No need to reply.  I checked and changed the spark plugs, backed the pms screws out another 1/2 turn and it is now working well.

Donn (99Orton)

Jun-28

Looks like you are lean on the rear. Did you sync? You aren't done until you do. Here is jetting info from the wKB..... 

What Jets To Use

Hypercharger - From Kuryakyn:

With stock exhaust or Cobra Slip-On Mufflers

• 1.2 Pilot Air Bleeds in both carbs

• One .020 shim added to raise each needle

• 122.5 Main Jet in the front cylinder’s carb

• 120 Main Jet in the rear cylinder’s carb

• Pilot Mixture Screw (PMS) 2 turns out from lightly bottomed

With Vance & Hines, Samson, or open “Drag” pipes

• 1.2 Pilot Air Bleeds in both carbs

• One .020 shim added to raise each needle

• 125 Main Jet in the front cylinder’s carb

• 122.5 Main Jet in the rear cylinder’s carb

• Pilot Mixture Screw (PMS) 2 turns out from lightly bottomed

Comparison of stock and and the Pilot Air Bleeds supplied in the Kuryakyn Hypercharger Kit. Stock is on the left.