_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PODS and miscellaneous    Technical-Bikes

Started Feb-28 by Ed (VeryNorCalEd); 2479 views.
Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Feb-28

Thanks Mick for your reply and vote of confidence grinjoy

Your right though thumbsup I made my way back to this thread way faster tonight, like 30 minutes faster.thumbsupThat’s progress.

Thank you again for the knowledge base, I enjoy just reading it for fun.

Also thanks for clarification on the AIS.

The Pacific Coast article on PODs did throw me off a bit but I’m cool with learning new things so if there was anything to it I figured you all would know.

Moving forward on POD MODthumbsup

Ed 

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Feb-28

Thank you Donn,

AIS clarification steps, tune then declutter thumbsup

Making the connections for me, if Shane isn’t selling “The Chubby” POD kit any longer do you happen to know if Tim at Metric Magic is still offering a POD kit?

I don’t have a Facebook account my wife does so she looked at the link you provided but she said something about having to make friends before access to Tim’s Metric Magic store? That’s her deal and I probably screwed up that recant of what she saidstuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Thanks for the pic thumbsup of your ex. 

Beautiful bike, made me sad though with the for sale sign on her. cry

Hope you got a new girl, a man shouldn’t be alone.heart_eyes

So many bikes so little time.wink

Hands down on this forum being the best. All yall my kind of people.

Ed

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Mar-1

Thanks RC for the reply

The V Star charging system reminds me of my old Yamaha DT 250 and 360 2 stroke enduro days. Head light was anemic and at an idle would pulse with a very low dim light

Was thinking about LEDs, Head light and Driving lights to try to save watts and maybe increase  lumens?

More research

Good advice on the fuel pump. I will research it more. Just hard tailed my sons Honda 600 Shadow and put a Frisco tank and tank lift on it. Tank design (petcock location) is a consideration for sure. Very similar carb set up and fuel pump set up but runs fine on gravity. Frisco tank is a low volume tank so more fuel stops comes with the territory of cool.

In some high performance situations a high flow (Pringle) petcock is also necessary. I’m not sure the Mikuni’s or Keihin’s require fuel pressure to function but I really don’t know  definitively . Might be tank design petcock size and location? Running into fuel delivery problems on a low tank in corners sounds like a tank design petcock design and petcock location.

I’ll have to look into it. Thanks for the tip

Yes sir, eliminate, relocate, declutter I am looking forward to the AIS delete and POD MOD

Thanks RC

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

Mar-1

I believe Tim is still offering PODS and to gain access to the FB page you have to be approved by Mick or myself. When doing so we look at profiles and if we don't see a pic of a 1100 you don't gain access. That way we can weed out non owners, who doesn't have pics of their bike? I'm still in the saddle, I went to a Roadstar and then a 16 Road Glide Ultra and now on a 18 Road glide standard. 

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Mar-1

Oh yeah, “I got a Harley for my wife...good trade right?!?”wink

Awesome scoots and great ridesthumbsup

Good to know your not alonerelaxed

I sent my wife a pic of the Classic in the works.

Does she go to the FB link you sent me and post it there? Or does she make it her profile pic of her FB account and then re ask to be friends?

Thanks Donn

Ed

Texpatriat

Mar-1

A quick search on Duck Duck Go gets you here: http://www.sloneservices.com/metric-magic/index.html

Not to take anything away from Tim but it's not hard too put your own pod system together.

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Mar-1

Thanks Tex

It took a bit, going to FB, posting pics and eventually my wife prevailed. Duck Duck Go is great!!! Should of started off therestuck_out_tongue_winking_eye something about trees and forestsjoy

I am going back to the knowledge base and going to have a look at the DIY POD MOD. Great suggestion!!

I wanted easy no think since this MOD has been around since the last ice age. Was told the Chubby system is no longer available and still looking at Metric Magic since I now have the web site.

Thanks Tex for taking the time to reply and direction and opinions. I love hearing what others have to say and what their experiences are and have been.

Talking with Donn and looking at his profile list of MODs I had no idea this bike has been so popular and so many have taken the time to make their 1100’s their ownthumbsupthumbsup

Spring is in the air and rides are on the menu. I know you guys got hit with some unusual cold so warming up and getting out is just what the doctor has orderedsun_with_face

Where I’m at in the Sierra, Cascade divide the really good rides still have snow on them which gives me a little more time to get my stuff together. Looking forward to some great rides in the mountains and hopefully a quarter to half of the California coast with my son. He’s jamming trying to get his metric twin finished as well.

Thanks again Tex

Ed

Donn (99Orton)

Mar-1

I think I let her into the FB page today. You can always call or email Tim as well.     metric.magic@gmail.com

Ed (VeryNorCalEd)

Mar-2

Thank you Donnthumbsup

You did and thank you. 

Edrelaxed

Donn (99Orton)

Mar-2

Nor Cal? I'm in Southern Oregon