_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pods   Tuning&Exhaust:99-05 non cal

Started Jul-2 by Basxvs1100; 2249 views.
Donn (99Orton)

Jul-3

I had the Chubby kit and must have used the glue, I did mine back in 08 and never had a issue. Why not a pvc sleeve and clamps then? Remember Shane was the pioneer in developing Pods and knows what he is doing 

Texpatriat

Jul-4

Not sure if the same size filters will work but I did the thing with the bottom of the air box left in place (it's in the KB). I just slipped the filters over the boots and ran a couple of sheet metal screws in each. Easy on, Easy off 

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-4

The quiet mod. I did the Chubby kit back in 08.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

I have the chubby kit too. But how do you clean/change the filters when you used the glue?

I’ll let you know if I had the time and install them. 

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-6

Take the clamp loose where the elbow attaches to the carbs. I think I cleaned them once in 30k miles. If you have any questions call Shane. He's a great guy and will help.

Basxvs1100

Jul-6

Yes that’s right, I can loose the elbost at the carb side
If I have any further questions I’ll contact Shane, I think I can do that on this forum right?

crazeeharry

Jul-6

I also have the Chubby air kit from Shane.

Glue his filters to the elbows that come off the carb throats, to fit, #1 elbow goes up front on the carb of #2 cylinder, #2 Elbow goes on the back #1 cylinder, for clearance with the tank. So the Elbows reverse (look for moulded in number on each elbow for ref. 

To clean, remove tank, remove elbow from carb, cleans as per K&N instructions, dry, oil, reinstall.

Filters remain glued to elbows through the process. (Glue process. scuff rubber boots & rubber filter neck with sand paper, wipe with alcohol, dry and glue em. Mine were done in 2013, no issues.

Hope this helps...

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-6

I don't think he monitors this site much anymore. I would call on the phone.

Basxvs1100

Jul-7

Thanx! This information is very helpfull

Basxvs1100

Jul-7

Allright, I live in The Netherlands so it’s hard to find the right time to call. But maybe I can also send him an email. 
Shane is the owner of sscustomcycle.com?