The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Carbs    Newbie Q&A

Started Jul-4 by Supler; 326 views.
Supler

Jul-4

So I just cleaned my carbs on my 2000 classic and was hoping the popping and high acceleration would stop I've ran some seafoam through it before I cleaned them I've never taken the 2 carbs apart out of fear of syncing problems but I'm starting to think they need syncing anyways am I right or should I just rebuild them with new jets? I've looked at some stuff and I read somewhere as long as I don't separate the 2 carbs I shouldn't have to have them put in sync again but then there's also the fact I bought this from another guy and who knows what he has done any solutions?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Donn (99Orton)

Jul-4

Sync the carbs! It's regular maintenence.  From the wKB....V-Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base - Carburetor (google.com)

Supler

Jul-4

Thank you for saying this I've trying to tell my buddy for a long time now that's what the problem was and he is one those know it alls that is usually pretty knowledgeable of things but just kept saying unless we pulled the carbs apart we didn't have to sync them but now that you shared that in link in black and white so I can show his arse lol anyways sorry for ranting lol and thx again

In reply toRe: msg 3
RCCola45

Jul-4

Anytime they are removed.   Highly recommend don't separate them.   I would synq them at least one time per year and I was able to get them better each time so they do go astray some over the year.   

There is link in the KB to make your own meter using tubing and stick.   This has been the best proven way to synq.

Donn (99Orton)

Jul-4

Anytime you touch them, even a idle change can throw the sync off a bit. I used to do mine several times a year or as soon as I started to feel it in the handlebars.