_V Star 1100 Riders_

Hosted by Sick Mick* (quick_mick)|The V Star 1100 Wiki Knowledge Base

The Very Best Information Source for All Models of the V Star XVS 1100

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New member introduction    General Discussion

Started Jan-9 by ChiefGunner; 614 views.
Sick Mick* (quick_mick)
Host

I've never done it......but I'd suggest getting into the Knowledge Base....just click the link right under the forum name up top.

Welcome to the forum.....

Zonker1972

Jan-19

one good thing is that the right side front downtube is bolted to the rest of the frame. you can un-bolt it and remove the engine. i did remove my engine, i got a bit to enthusiastic while tightening down a bolt. when i removed mine i had a friend hold the bike on the poor man's bike lift, just a 2x6 with a pipe handle, while i gently dropped the engine onto a piece of solid core door that i had laying around.

it is a real pain but if you can get a friend to hold the bike you can get the engine out.

also, i kind of remember this helping. https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/repairs/engine-removal

good luck,

zonker

I suggest you sell it or replace the entire motor. That motor is SCREWED

Norm (NORM277)

Feb-3

I'm with TimB on this one,  Chances are good that those little bits of gear got in to places they shouldn't have and did some unseen damage.  You can likely get a decent complete running engine and just swap the whole thing.  These normally hold together incredibly well and this would be the first I've heard about one with this failure.